• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dorman oil cooler lines in depth Review

cucvrus

Number9 in post # 35 has the right idea. And it seems that most of you guys like cost savings. I have made these oil cooler lines like this. I prefer black hose but same idea and same function. The first set I made I wrapped in white paper towels and wire tied them fast. I drove the truck several miles and drove it home and checked the towels were still white. I left them on for a while and checked them. They stayed white they worked and are still working. I done the same to Ford CVPI oil cooler lines and that was a easy fix. Happy Holidays.

Highlanderfarm

I bought the dormans from Rockauto for $20 and $21 each. Way cheaper than the ac delco's. However, they would not even begin to thread on, too small. Rockauto will not return as I tried to install them. Just excuse after excuse. Not dealing with that company again.
I want the steel lines rather than a barbed hookup as I tend to run the truck through a lot of brush and such and worry about Murphy's law .

cucvrus

I run mine thru the devils triangle and pull logs and houses apart with it. Not to mention I allow both my sons to drive it. If you are looking for steel engine oil cooler lines I never seen them. If you are talking transmission cooler lines I agree. I never run any rubber lines on my trucks for the tranny lines. It can bleed itself out and you would never know it. But i do make the lines for the oil cooler on occasion. Never had any issues. And I do run a few of my CUCV's very hard daily. Happy Holidays.