• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

Seatyger

Now this is NICELY done. However...the book says 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Quadcab Deuce'!!!! So, if its ok with you guys I'll just sit back and drool for a while!!!!

Then get off my a$$ and begin building one !!

ccequipment

I have been driving this truck everywhere, and its amazing the attention it gets. The frame sits about 1.5" taller in the back, which I think is fine. Looks like I am going to have to insulate the floor boards, I thought I might, The A/C unit will keep up until about 85 degrees, then after that there is just to much heat coming up. Any good info on this subject would be great.

You dont have to many options on insulation. Either you can make a false floor cover it with carpet or maybe even diamond plate. Or you can insulate from underneath with either spray/roll on stuff or some foil backed insulation. Me Id do a combination of the two.

bambambam22

I was wondering if you would be willing to share any info about the AC on your truck? I would really like to add it to mine when I can in the future. It would be much better for my wife and two boys and not to mention MYself also:-D. This would be my personal truck not to sell. Any information would be greatly appriciated. I would be willing to purchace componants from you if that helps. I don't know if this is secret stuff or not but your help whould save me lots of R&D time. Thank you either way. Rick

ccequipment

There is a link in a few pages back to where i got it. Bracket was custom made of course, nothing for creature comforts is made to fit these trucks. The A/C compresser is a tight fit up on the engine. We have been in a cold spell around here for awhile so I haven't got to use it much.

6x6guy

I love it, but have you figured out the break down on it as hours- cutting, welding, fabricating, painting and don't forget and including research, sketching, concepts
and last but not forgotten $$$. :roll:

bambambam22

I can not find the type of compressor and or the condenser tryp or what the part is you have in place of where a consol would be. I would perfictly understand if you are going to keep this information to yourself kind of like a trade secret but if you are willing to tell me what it is I would greatly appriciate it. If mot just tellme politly that you are keeping that information to yourself and I willunderstand but I have goine through these pages and if it is here I can not find it. It is an awesome truck and the 22,000.00 on Ebay is not enough for what all you have done. I would buy it in a second if I win the lottery!!!

frodobaggins

I can not find the type of compressor and or the condenser tryp or what the part is you have in place of where a consol would be. I would perfictly understand if you are going to keep this information to yourself kind of like a trade secret but if you are willing to tell me what it is I would greatly appriciate it. If mot just tellme politly that you are keeping that information to yourself and I willunderstand but I have goine through these pages and if it is here I can not find it. It is an awesome truck and the 22,000.00 on Ebay is not enough for what all you have done. I would buy it in a second if I win the lottery!!!
You got to read the thread :D

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...35794-double-deuce-crew-cab-3.html#post395399

https://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/big-truck-floor-mount-evaporator-system-453.php

Now all you need to know is what smaller condenser he used.

bambambam22

I hope to grow up some day amd be like Sgt Major. As time and money makes it possible I am going to attmept a crew cab and mantain the stock bed by adding to the frame and tandem duels or tandem super singles unless someone tells me that is a reason I should not and there very well may be. I am thinking I can go up in tire size and may even have to put on a body lift 3" to 6" so I can mantain my toe into a hill and toe out out of a hill and my center clearence angles to be the same also. I am thinking it will lengthen my truck about 5' over all. I would really appriciate it if anyone has already tried this and found out if it did not work.

bambambam22

I thought about htat but I have no way to figure out what the room is between the back of the cab and the front of the back tires. Do you know anyone that has one and can give me that answer?

ccequipment

I love it, but have you figured out the break down on it as hours- cutting, welding, fabricating, painting and don't forget and including research, sketching, concepts
and last but not forgotten $$$. :roll:
Well I kept track of my hours and my helper hours, it added up to 215 hours. That included pulling the donor cab of and striping it. But it sure didn't count all those 2 am brain farts about how could I do this or, that would look cool. The A/C took about 12 hours to do, the hard top is proably the most time consuming, and making all the doors fit right to it. $, there is alot.

ccequipment

That would be a long truck, try to find a M36 as chicklin said, it will save you alot of time and headache, I think the have a 20' bed. But they are harder to come by and cost more. If you don't need the extra length, I would stay away from it. My wheebase is about 1' longer than a stock 6x6. I have been driving it all over town, you just have to swing out and give yourself some room. Last night I rolled it up to the Wendys drive up window. All they could see is camo because my window was level with the top of theres. I am just saying you are talking about a huge long truck, and if you have the room out there for it go ahead and tackle it.

bambambam22

I am having second thoughts about my idea now. I was not really thinking about the massive size it would be when finished. I would be driving a buss around. What a buss though. I am going to have to scratch on this one and make sure I am not going to get half way through and regret not listening to your GOOD advice. I would be driving a huge brick around. I welcome your help and comments and advise and please continue and I'll let you know what idirection I am going to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks