• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driveshaft question

Joeinderry

I am going to have my drive shaft extended. My question is: Can I use the back driveshaft (the small one)? Is it the same as the front driveshaft just shorter? If I can have the back one extended I can keep my other original if I need to use it on another truck. How about cost to extend it? I see here on SS some people said they payed $100-200. I made a couple calls to local shops and without seeing the shaft I got quotes of $400-600. Sounds pricey to me. Thank you for any help. Joe

Reckless

I got quoted about $600 to make a 97" in long driveshaft with a carrier bearing for my crew cab. So if its for a bobber and extending the shaft 5-10" that's a little pricey!

welldigger

It was over $500 for the shaft to be extended on the a3 me and a buddy are bobbing. That was with new u joints installed also I believe. The short shaft between the bogies I believe has the same ends as the long shaft. Tho even if they do have the same ends it won't matter since they will cut the ends off and put a whole new tube in the middle and then rebalance it.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine have been $125 if they already had a tube length for my need in stock.
$200 if they did not have the correct tube length I needed in stock.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had one shortened today on a '94 Pete that I shortened the frame on. Cost me $80. The Pete driveshaft is twice as big as one on a deuce but I do realize it would probably cost more to lengthen one than it would to shorten one but not that much.

Joeinderry

Thanks for everyones input. I will be bringing it to the shaft shop within the next 2 weeks. I'll repost how long I had it made and the cost.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks