• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driveshaft question

Joeinderry

I am going to have my drive shaft extended. My question is: Can I use the back driveshaft (the small one)? Is it the same as the front driveshaft just shorter? If I can have the back one extended I can keep my other original if I need to use it on another truck. How about cost to extend it? I see here on SS some people said they payed $100-200. I made a couple calls to local shops and without seeing the shaft I got quotes of $400-600. Sounds pricey to me. Thank you for any help. Joe

Reckless

I got quoted about $600 to make a 97" in long driveshaft with a carrier bearing for my crew cab. So if its for a bobber and extending the shaft 5-10" that's a little pricey!

welldigger

It was over $500 for the shaft to be extended on the a3 me and a buddy are bobbing. That was with new u joints installed also I believe. The short shaft between the bogies I believe has the same ends as the long shaft. Tho even if they do have the same ends it won't matter since they will cut the ends off and put a whole new tube in the middle and then rebalance it.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine have been $125 if they already had a tube length for my need in stock.
$200 if they did not have the correct tube length I needed in stock.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had one shortened today on a '94 Pete that I shortened the frame on. Cost me $80. The Pete driveshaft is twice as big as one on a deuce but I do realize it would probably cost more to lengthen one than it would to shorten one but not that much.

Joeinderry

Thanks for everyones input. I will be bringing it to the shaft shop within the next 2 weeks. I'll repost how long I had it made and the cost.