• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving from GA to CO

Just crossed the KS/CO line. Gonna top off and go last 150-200 miles or so. Almost there. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336498172.668810.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1336498193.405285.jpg

In the words of Harry and Lloyd-

Harry: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Lloyd: I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of ****, man.

Burlington, CO 80807, USA

I made into town with no problems. Surprisingly the suburban bucket seats proved to be very comfortable for the 23+ hours I sat in them! I'm still looking for a bench seat though....

Lessons learned/AAR-

1. Bring sun block. My left arm and neck are cooked
2. Avoid I40 through Arkansas at all costs. Worst stretch of highway in America.
3. Don't put a styrofoam cooler with detachable lid full of tasty beverages in the bed of the truck.
4. Proper foot alignment on the gas pedal. I noticed my foot was on it an angle and started to hurt like a som bitch.
5. Ensure you Bring a 5 gallon can of diesel. Ask me how I know. Thanks to the road construction in Ellsworth, KS, I had to pull over to put in my reserve 5 gallons.
6. The apple iPhone is an amazing doo-hickey. It navigated me across the country, found me food, found me diesel, updated my progress to the forum with tapatalk, and it even let me make a call!

Thanks for the support guys

Last edited:

91W350

Glad you made it safely, hope I can buy you dinner on a future run! Thanks for sharing your journey with me, sounds like fun. Glen

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Glad ya made it Brother...I'll update the guys/gals tomorrow at steak day at the VFW.

Doc ask me this afternoon how you were doing. I said...well he's a DAT but other than that, he's making good progress!:beer:
You need to get a CO CAMO Chapter started ASAP!:)

Are ya homesick yet??:cry::cry:

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Well Done! congratulations, awsome journey that..and I thought 200 miles or so was along way, and our motirways bore me..that last stretch into the distance HOW did you occupy your mind lol! anyway well done good luck in your new location.

PB-I'd rather be a so-called "DAT" than a crunchy! I'm going to miss GA for sure...but Colorado is awesome. Hopefully I will be back to Benning late summer of 2014.

Dmetal- I've sat on screen lines on the Syrian border for hundreds of hours and have done so many 24/36hr+ reconnaissance "patrols" if you will, that I've gotten good at keeping my mind occupied. When I was a turd private years ago I pulled a lot of 12/24 hr guard shifts. I like driving so the trip really wasn't all that bad. I wouldn't drive a deuce across the country though... Not by choice anyway