• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual circuit master cylinder?

Br0nc0xrapt0r

Hello all, I was doing some searching on here and read a bit about some of the newer deuces having brakes a bit different than mine. I have a 71 with the air assist brakes and I want to put in a dual circuit master if possible to gain some sort of a safety measure and to keep the air system. I sure would like to be able to pull trailers with air brakes so that's why I don't really want to change much I just want a warm and fuzzy feeling about brake failure. Yes I know there is no substitute for maintenance but I think it's a worth while upgrade if possible.

Thanks

Truck details:

stock WO/winch 1971 M35A2 D turbo Air shift Tcase

Last edited:

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Peashooter did a thread on the duel circuit system. I believe it also required a second air pack .

Br0nc0xrapt0r

I've been reading, it's tough going because I cannot commit the time to sit and read it all in one sitting. I'm on Page 11 now and I think what I would need is a dual master with an extra airpack? Not that big of deal I guess. And certainly not hard to plumb and mount. But anyaways I'm still reading so I'll see when I get to the end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks