• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual circuit master cylinder?

Br0nc0xrapt0r

Hello all, I was doing some searching on here and read a bit about some of the newer deuces having brakes a bit different than mine. I have a 71 with the air assist brakes and I want to put in a dual circuit master if possible to gain some sort of a safety measure and to keep the air system. I sure would like to be able to pull trailers with air brakes so that's why I don't really want to change much I just want a warm and fuzzy feeling about brake failure. Yes I know there is no substitute for maintenance but I think it's a worth while upgrade if possible.

Thanks

Truck details:

stock WO/winch 1971 M35A2 D turbo Air shift Tcase

Last edited:

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Peashooter did a thread on the duel circuit system. I believe it also required a second air pack .

Br0nc0xrapt0r

I've been reading, it's tough going because I cannot commit the time to sit and read it all in one sitting. I'm on Page 11 now and I think what I would need is a dual master with an extra airpack? Not that big of deal I guess. And certainly not hard to plumb and mount. But anyaways I'm still reading so I'll see when I get to the end.