• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual MEP803a Power Plant Trailer

bosko

HI, I have a trailer "power plant" with two 803s and the sinewave / phase syncing load transfer switch. I tow it around with my F250. I turned the lunette on the trailer upside down to lower it a couple inches but it is still pretty high. I have to use a really big drop hitch upside town to connect to the trailer so it tows level.... Has anyone ever removed the lunette and installed some type of adjustable drop tongue on the trailer like you would see on commercial/ag equipment trailers? If there was a way to drop the lunette about 7 inches it would be really cool.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think someone just retrofitted one of these here on the forum. I will snoop around to see if I can remember where I saw it.

Edit: Nope, I was confused. It was the lighter weight HMMWV trailer that was swapped over. These power plant trailers have a real high tongue on them.

csheath

Different trailer but might give you an idea.

smokem joe

I cut one off a single 803 trailer and welded an adjustable channel on in its place. I can change from pintle style to ball by removing two bolts

Ray70

I was once considering just welding a triangular ball coupler to the underside of the trailer frame ( sides seem to be a similar angle.
Could also add some 4 or 5" C-channel as a spacer to drop the ball even further.
This is of course only if you wanted to switch from lunette to a ball.
Otherwise you can get the adjustable channel like Smokem joe shows above and adapt it to your frame rails with some steel plates and gussets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks