• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dual wheeled M105 on GL ........

SteveKuhn

Old thread, I know, but after reading it several times, I'm not clear on how duals would have a wearing effect on the wheel bearings. Could somebody explain that?

Thanks.

Steve

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just pulled apart a GMC deuce and the wheel bearings, seals, brakes, wheel cylinders, races, lug nuts, wheel studs, are the same as my M105A2. As a matter of fact, My books list the same numbers. The front spindle on the deuce is lighter than the M105. The M105 is a solid spindle, the deuce is basically a tube with an axle shaft inside of it. The back spacing on the hub is slightly more on the M105. I don't have a single wheel GMC to take apart, but I bet it is close. The 105 hub is totally different. The backing plates are exactly the same EXCEPT for the hand brake mounts. No parking/hand brake on the GMC dually.

It looks like I could swap everything and gain parking brake on my GMC, but the brake bar and lever interferes with the hub. I guess it would be close on the m135 singled deuce as they flipped the hubs to gain some width. Probably something that could be done, but why? There are currently 2 forms of parking brakes. I'm getting off track...

The M105 hub places the wheel flange past the end of the spindle quite a long way. that may have something to do with the decision to remove the duals?????

I'm leaving mine stock. Just information to share. However, the dual wheels with the extended fenders has a nice look and I could probably see it behind the shop van... and get closer to #3000+ empty weight.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks