• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW Causes Heart Attack!!

dc3coyote

Isnt that a GPW? I dont like the idea of banning someone for modifying their truck to make them happy, but bobbing a DUKW, should require a lifetime ban, revocation of all MV ownership, tar and feathering, and a hornet nest tossed into their bedroom at night.
Thats just my opinion

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You must be one of those old guys that needs to camp farther away from the fire, and don't like music.

I forgot about the GPA's.

I was thinking 16.00's would increase flotation!

Last edited:

RDUKW

Here's all I know right now...it has all the original wheels, has not been chopped on/cut up, all the hull is intact...except a few small rust thru holes in the wheel wells, and all the wooden parts are rotted away.:(
The original engine is locked but he has a running replacement.:)
Has the seats and metal grates behind em etc.:)

I scrapped 3 WWII era jeeps cause they were just too far gone after some folks got the few good parts but....
This is a DUKW!!!

If this thing ain't a TOTAL COMBAT LOSS...I'm gonna own it...well if MB will give me some money.:oops::oops:

PLUS...today I kicked my own arse for selling the basket case CCKW that had a complete engine/running gear...but hey...who knew??:shock:
That sounds like a good project. All in all they are a fairly basic beast and will not be to bad to bring back to life. If you need any pictures or measurements for the restoration let me know(I even have some spare parts laying around as well)

Ryan

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I call dibs on a troop seat the first time it swims.................

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I call dibs on a troop seat the first time it swims.................
I'll be on hand.............. to "assist"-since PB has never floated a DUKW and I'm a qualified operator.

8)

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'll be on hand.............. to "assist"-since PB has never floated a DUKW and I'm a qualified operator.
8)
If it EVER floats, someone else will darn sure be in charge besides me...cause I ain't gonna be on it!!!:shock: I can't swim...:oops::oops:

Quick update...I'll roll out at oh dark thirty tomorrow enroute to meet the feller. I'm taking the landoll cause I'm 99.98% sure she's coming home with Papa!:drool:

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If it EVER floats, someone else will darn sure be in charge besides me...cause I ain't gonna be on it!!!:shock: I can't swim...:oops::oops:
I have life vests that will fit you.............
Worst comes to worse, we can strap a couple or more inner tubes to you because there is NO WAY IN HE11 that you will not be on it's NEW maiden voyage.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That sounds like a good project. All in all they are a fairly basic beast and will not be to bad to bring back to life. If you need any pictures or measurements for the restoration let me know(I even have some spare parts laying around as well)
Ryan
Thank you in advance Sir!

If she is anything above "crusher fodder" I will certainly be asking for your guidance.
If not...I will be offering up parts to save the life of one that has potential!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks