• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW Causes Heart Attack!!

RDUKW

It's on the right/passenger side according to the owner...I haven't looked.

Two questions for you...

1..I'm told Gammagoat tires will fit the DUKW??

2..I paid $1200.00 for her... did I do good in your opinion?
Gamma goat tires are the same size just a different load rating. A lot of dukw owners do run them since we never load the trucks down to rating. I bought 7 new dukw tires from coker for mine. At $1200 you flat out stole it. I can't wait to see the restoration thread.

Ryan

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB, I know nothing about DUKWs, and I say at $1200 you did just fine!

I can hear Clint banging his head to a bloody pulp on his keyboard from here!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can we float it at the 2013 GA rally?

RDUKW

Well poop!!! Marvin has some good goat tires!aua
You are good to use those. The only thing you have to watch is they have not made goat tires for a long time. I have a set on my second DUKW with the tits still on them but the side walls are cracked bad.

Ryan

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You are good to use those. The only thing you have to watch is they have not made goat tires for a long time. I have a set on my second DUKW with the tits still on them but the side walls are cracked bad.
Ryan
She won't see ANY loads and maybe 3 parades and 3 or 4 displays a year...so maybe 50 miles per year?

Well wait...might drive her to to the VFW on wednesdays for steak day..LOL...That's about another mile a week!

Let's splurge and say she gets driven 150 miles...per year!!:shock:

RDUKW

She won't see ANY loads and maybe 3 parades and 3 or 4 displays a year...so maybe 50 miles per year?

Well wait...might drive her to to the VFW on wednesdays for steak day..LOL...That's about another mile a week!

Shoot my current DUKW in my avatar I put that many miles in the first 3 days of owning it. I drove it for 2 weeks as my daily driver to the store work even dinner.:D. That DUKW also had original tires on it when I got it and I literally drove them off of it. Since then the collection has gotten bigger so the DUKW does not get driven as much, but it is still my favorite of all my military vehicles.

Ryan

Srjeeper

Judgin from the weather reports you might start puttin those miles on this week when Sandy blows into town.....:doh:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks