• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW Causes Heart Attack!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB you can always get a job here:

Be a part of the crew that makes Ride The Ducks the world's largest amphibious tour operator. Ride The Ducks is the entertainment sightseeing experience that connects the guest to the area in a fun, informative and engaging manner.
We offer a Quack-tastic™ opportunity for the right crew members. We offer competitive compensation, fun and a possible career path in the wacky, quacky world of Ride The Ducks.

You should bring a big smile, a positive attitude and a desire to work with and entertain guests. We will provide the necessary technical training. You must be available to work some weekends and nights (up to 8pm).

We are currently recruiting for:
Ambassadors - Ambassadors act as our front line greeters, engaging guests in a polite manner, selling tickets and assisting in boarding guests onto Ducks.
Captains - Act as the master of the safety boat as well as captain of the water portion - entertaining guests while you navigate the Ducks on land and water. You must be a USCG Licensed Captain (Minimum 25 Ton license) and have a personality that will bring out the fun side in our guests.
CDL Driver - Drive Ducks through our pre-designated route on land only. Passenger endorsement and up-to-date physical required.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB you can always get a job here:

Be a part of the crew that makes Ride The Ducks the world's largest amphibious tour operator. Ride The Ducks is the entertainment sightseeing experience that connects the guest to the area in a fun, informative and engaging manner.
We offer a Quack-tastic™ opportunity for the right crew members. We offer competitive compensation, fun and a possible career path in the wacky, quacky world of Ride The Ducks.
You should bring a big smile, a positive attitude and a desire to work with and entertain guests. We will provide the necessary technical training. You must be available to work some weekends and nights (up to 8pm).
We are currently recruiting for:
Ambassadors - Ambassadors act as our front line greeters, engaging guests in a polite manner, selling tickets and assisting in boarding guests onto Ducks.
Captains - Act as the master of the safety boat as well as captain of the water portion - entertaining guests while you navigate the Ducks on land and water. You must be a USCG Licensed Captain (Minimum 25 Ton license) and have a personality that will bring out the fun side in our guests.
CDL Driver - Drive Ducks through our pre-designated route on land only. Passenger endorsement and up-to-date physical required.
Thank you for the post Sir but I have a very different mission in mind for the DUKW:

I want her to represent the WWII folks and the amazing technology that went into her for the period. Frankly...I am dumfounded!!:D

She will never swim, she will never make money for rides etc....at least while I'm alive/in charge of her...lol.

I want to get her as close to original as I can financially... running, driving, stopping safely etc. and use her in parades and displays in honor of those who actually used them in the early 40's.

She has a long way to go...but since I'm only 40yrs old:shock: I have lots of time to work with her...then someone else can take "command" of her.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You sound like Troy and Tony!!
I know it's been awhile since we've come to visit, but I promise when Troy and Tony are ready to start going through the stuff to make it float, I'll come down and help out.

:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I know it's been awhile since we've come to visit, but I promise when Troy and Tony are ready to start going through the stuff to make it float, I'll come down and help out.:beer:
I said my peace in post # 109....I'll finance whatever within reason but if you or Ron think I'm getting on that thing in the water...you will have a fight like you have NEVER seen...and it WON't be a fair fight!!:shock:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll go on the water with Troy and Tony and I'll report back how it went, PB.

Just make sure you have congratulations cookies for us on shore!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks