• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump Bed Conversion Questions

Dump conversion for deuce

I have almost completed my conversion. I used a Scott Level Lift 500DH which came with the hinges and 1-1/8" PINS. The hinges were a bit smaller then I expected and would have gone with larger had I built them myself......which I would next time. They are probably too small for a full deuce bed but mine was shortened about 32". I have attached pictures of the hinge for you to see along with the truck. I got the hoist kit without the sub-frame and found that to make it clear the cross members I had to build a sub-frame anyway. It worked out better as it is totally bolted to the truck to the factory bed mounts and can be removed as required. I still need to paint it, but need to move some dirt more, so will paint later. Good Luck on yours. Charlie
What kind of costs are we looking at for the parts and the labor? Thanks. Nice pictures and info from all on this thread

ballencd

dump costs

elkhunter,

My dump hoist was a bit over $2000 and had about $5-600 more in steel for the sub-frame, weld wire, gas, paint, bolts, hydraulic fluid, etc. I worked on mine over 14 months and did the bob first which too much longer then the dump install. I don't have any idea as to how long it took in hours as I did not keep records and worked on it on and off as I had time and money. I used a 12VDC pump for simplicity but hope to change it over to PTO later.

Later

Charlie

big block 88

looks good nice work, only thing I am leary of is your pump placement. I placed mine down by the air tannks. Used the same braces it keeps the pump well below the bed and all debris that could lodge itself between the bed and chassis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks