• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump Conversion

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you figured out the login Spicergear.

Well I finally got my dump done. Used a heavy push pull throttle cable for the up and down valve, mounted it next to the drivers door. Made up a lever for the PTO engagement and put it next to the winch PTO handle. Bolted the lift to the bed with some 3/4 bolts, grade 8. The taillights were moved about 3 inches towards the front of the truck to clear the hinge.

Was able to keep the spare tire, and air tanks in the orginal locations. I had to remove the bumperettes, when the bed tilts, they were in the way. I may try to figure out a way to attach them so they pivot or attach to the bed.

Still planning to reinforce the bed. Need to blast and paint the framerails of the bed before I box the bed, and all painting is on hold till summer. Also planning to paint the rest of the truck.

That is some nice fab and paint work Gerhard. And I LOVE the rims and tires!

Attachments

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think so, I didn't add the hinge to the winch PTO shift lever. The engagement lever on the winch itself also has a hinge lockout. Didn't bother with it on the dump lever, maybe in the future if I end up bumping it in gear.
Dennis

Last edited:

mangus580

Stretch, I see you notched the MC door for your pto lever as well.... when I did mine, I made it so you had to open the door, to shift it into gear, like the Winch PTO hinge...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Gerhard, that is quite impressive! Bravo.

Well thought out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks