• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumpster truck backed into my M1009!

Pawnshop

So there I was, sitting at my computer opening up the shop this morning, when I heard this sound I could not recognize. I looked out yon window and saw a dumpster truck in the parking lot and the nose of my M1009 at a funny angle, which made me wonder "did I park that wonky this morning? Must have been coffee deficient..." Then I saw the dump-o-matic pull forward and my 1009 rock like a boat on a wavy lake! Apparently ole boy was not using his mirrors in the prescribed manner and backed right into Pinky. His back bumper mated with mine and pushed into the body, producing a fist sized dent and a cut about 2" long, and the curved back of his truck hit the top right at the window producing a scrape and cut window gasket, the rear end was shoved across the parking lot about a foot (producing the unidentified sound mentioned previously). The assailant truck got some green paint on it... The top is not cracked or torqued and the glass is all OK. Hopefully the tires, rear end and tranny are all OK. A supervisor has been out and the claim ball is rolling...

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since it was parked your comp will cover you. Feel lucky you were there to witness the assault on your cucv. If not things might be different as far as claims go. I feel for your loss..!

Does the parking lot have video surveillance? If so I'd look into getting a copy of that days events and make it known to the insurance company that you have it and you'll be keeping it for your records. That will make them just a little less-likely to try any shenannigans down the line like a phone call that goes something like this:
<you> "Hello, I had one of your trucks back into my vehicle last month and I'd like to know when I'll be paid for my damages?"
<shifty insurance agent> "Damages?... According to my report there was no damage to your vehicle that wasn't pre-existing, and we don't pay for that."
I only mention this because it happened to a friend's dad. The company that owned the truck didn't wanna buy him a new tailgate to replace the one thier truck destroyed, so we went to the property owner, got the video footage loaded onto a USB Flash drive and e-mailed the clip of his truck gettting backed into to his insurance agent, and the disposal company's claims division. 4 days later, his 2009 Dodge pickup had a new tailgate with no argument.
:beer:

Pawnshop

It's not that bad, blends in with the GL forklift dents...

I don't foresee any issues, they are a VERY large company and very well insured, and this will be a small claim.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pawnshop, your rather surprised message telling me he had hit your 1009 arrived...10:09!

From previous experience with that company, they are a major local business and when their drivers hit something (which they do with some regularity :roll:), they just go ahead and pay up promptly. Not worth fooling around and getting bad publicity or sued.

Cheers

Welder Sam

Mmmmm... i think your chock needs some paint to make it look nice and new for the next truck to park on! Ha! Sorry.. i really do hate that this happened. About 5k miles into my brand new dodge, a woman nearly took off my drivers side rear door. A few inches closer and she'd have hit my baby and myself. Of course, the "proof of ibsurance" she provided officer bleedingheart was invalid and the local police wont do anything.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Here's hoping for a speedy and painless repair!

In my rural dirt-road neighborhood, the garbage truck drivers have taken out street signs several times. I guess it's not surprising that garbage truck induced damage happens a lot. Lots of big trucks maneuvering in tight spots everywhere every day, all on a schedule to get the job done quickly, makes plenty of opportunities to crunch things.

It just so happens that today I'm planning to go pick up the reversing camera system that I plan to install on my M923. I hope it works well. I still need to work out the details of where I mount everything, and figure out how to add a reverse gear switch to the transmission.

mistaken1

Bummer. The sad part is they may very well cover the cost of repairing the truck but they will never reimburse you for your time and trouble spent making things right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks