• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Snowmegedden 2016

Katavic918

I went out sunday because I didn't want my first snow drive to be during the blizzard. It did good but absolutely useless without the fronts engaged. I did discover that it will do donuts pretty easily. Which is a lot like losing control of a house. No chains, no weight, and tires around 35 rear 50 front (9.00x20's). I was concerned about braking and steering which was much better than expected. The only trouble I had was going uphill on a rec center road which had drifted quite deep. I kept backing up and hitting it about 30 feet at a time before getting bored and leaving. It didn't want to start at 15 degrees, but after about a minute and a half and fumigating my neighborhood with diesel smoke she was firing on all cylinders.

chwhite0783

During the big snowstorm that hit much of the east coast, where I was in South Jersey..... we got over a
foot of the white stuff early. Soon... that all quickly got pounded away by a HEAVY rain and wind event.

We had more tree branches fall than snowflakes! Well... kinda! What little snow we did get was blown all
around and didn't ever amount to very much.

View attachment 605774

So... for many folks around here (in my immediate area) it was not much of a snowstorm. Coastal flooding
was our problem!

Now, up the road... towards Fort Dix area and Philly... they got a lot of snow. :shock:
yeah in toms river we got about 20 inches. I had to go out plowing and took the beast to go get plow truck.......drove like a champ. it was fun fishtailing a little on every turn