• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Texas micro-rally!

m715mike

Looks like I am showing up late to this thread, but I won't be late for supper!

Saturday, August 30 should work for me. See y'all in College Station.

plumkrazy

Count me in--I'll be there for the meal at least as I have a good friend fighting the big C and may require a fast trip. Will be good to put a face with the names.

Jeepsinker

I'm looking at being there around noon or so, maybe a bit earlier. It has been a while since I've been over there and I can't remember how long it takes me to get there.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best location for this meet would be Veterans Park here in College Station. Plenty of parking, next to the highway, food close by, and the name is fitting! I just called the Park & Rec Department to verify our plans and we are green for go for the 30th. Since it's Labor Day weekend the park does not schedule any sports games so we should have the park to ourselves. The only rule is no driving on the grass. There are two entrances to the park so it should be easy to get about and it's flat and open..hard to miss the group.

[h=1]Veterans Park and Athletic Complex[/h]3101 Harvey Rd
College Station, TX 77845

Map:

shadowdd

Next time!! Plus, I am still on crutches after knee surgery and let me tell you, it is "virtually" impossible climbing up in a 5ton when your are not allowed to put weight on one leg!! I said virtually since I DID crawl up there yesterday but the wife was watching with eagle eyes making sure I didn't come close to using my leg!!

m715mike

Well crud, I will have to actually pass.... I'll be in Hawaii for a few weeks.😪 Maybe next time!!
Man, this will be really tough, but I will take one for the team. I will go to Hawaii in your place allowing you to go to the rally. Just PM me with your flight information. :beer:

Jeepsinker

Cool! Hey guys, if you have anything you want to trade or sell, bring it. May as well make this a true swap meet for all involved. I'm going to bring a few things extra.

m715mike

Cool! Hey guys, if you have anything you want to trade or sell, bring it. May as well make this a true swap meet for all involved. I'm going to bring a few things extra.

I am currently in the " :drool::drool: / buy / hoard" phase of this hobby. So I really don't have much for sale or trade. Everything I've acquired to date is used on or for my truck. That being said, I do have an extra set of axle clamp tow bar connectors if anyone is interested. I'll toss them in the truck on the 30th. If someone has a use for them, great! If not, I will happily bring them home.

DUECE-COUPE

I am looking for the jack, lug wrench, and jack handle for an M1009, as well as the clamps to hold them in their storage locations. I also need a new hood for my M1009, and spare tire wheel. any leads would be greatly appreciated

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone is interested in some Cambro Food Containers I have them for $75 w/Polar Inserts or $50 w/o inserts. I'm not going to bring any unless somone has an interest. Also I have some of the Cambro Drink Containers for $30.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks