• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

El Paso, Texas to Mantua, Ohio

bgekky3

MPG p5 El Paso, Texas to Mantua, Ohio

My wife and I are leaving tomorrow on our road trip. It is just under 1,800 miles. The truck is showing 24,479.2 miles and 622.1 hours. The engine has 205 hours less than the guage and the speedo reads 10% slow.

My wife's side has an air seat, but mine didn't fit, so I am running the box seat. There are two layers of insulation and the carpet from my living room on the floor, so the truck is quietish. No need for hearing protection but the shrill of the turbo (D) gets to you on the hills. I didn't get a picture yet, but I will post some later.

I wanted to thank FMJ again for all the help he has given me. If it wasn't for him I probably would have scrapped my truck. I just hope all the evil parts have been swapped out. I will miss all the standing next to the truck, looking at it, and drinking beer. Hopefully I can do that in Ohio.

Anyways, wish us luck and we will post updates on the way.

Attachments

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
What time tomorrow do I start with the Hail Marys Nick? :p

I like the pic of the truck and trailer....one last poke at the neighbors, sweet!

Wait, HEY, is that ruck stolen?

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nick, I'm going to Cloudcroft tomorrow to cut wood, if you get in jam, and your not to far away, I'll be there. Good luck man!, I'll be pulling for you :p

bgekky3

We are moving to Ohio. We are going to go to my parent's house in Mantua, then to Port Clinton where we will be living. The guy with the Dodge shipped my other vehicles. We will be alone in the deuce. It is packed full. I took the cover off the trailer today to fit a bit more on top.

With the muffler and the insulation it is no louder than FMJ's CUCV blazer.

At least the cops were understanding after my neigbors insisted that my vehicles were stolen. They took down my number and let me know when they got a complaint and called me to see if my vehicles were still there.

bgekky3

Ed you promised me that you sold me a good motor, and I would get to Ohio under my own power. Good luck cutting wood. I have a chainsaw somewhere in the back. If I see you I will give you hand.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be safe on your move my brother. Make sure you have access to someone who can post on the site just in case you nned something.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I tried calling Nick a bit ago, no answer, I'm hoping that's a good sign. When I hear from him I'll post a progress report.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
He just called me back, He's on I-40 in Santa Rosa NM headed east. Hopefully Lane can keep Murphy busy for the next couple of days! :wink:

bgekky3

We are at a hotel in Amarillo. So far it is running well. The pyro is 1100 when the RPM is at 2000 or above, but 1800 to 2000 it will hit 1200 and I have to get out of the gas. I try not to load the motor under 1800. I will have to read up on the drop screw adjustment later. Here are some photos, but I need to get a new card. We lost about half of the photos we took today. After an hour of freaking out cats calm down and fall asleep in a deuce.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks