• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Wipers for the Deuce

I hope this helps, as during my electric wipers conversion I had to use a lot of "artistic license," so to speak, for various reasons.

I couldn't afford the prices of the very few A3 electric wiper assemblies that I found available, and I didn't have the time to spend fabricating a replica of an A3 setup. So, I purchased 2 24-volt wiper motors (made by New Star) from Ted's Trucks on eBay. They arrived with no instructions nor documentation at all, and I spent a considerable amount of time researching how best to install these motors.

I couldn't find anything at all, other than A3 TM schematics, and as I didn't want to replicate that style of linkage setup, I simply bolted both motors into the stock Deuce windshield holes. These New Star motors only used 1 of the 2 machine-screw holes to mount the motor, so I used a machine screw with an O-ring on the outside to seal the unused hole. I mounted them in various ways, but couldn't find anything other than the way I have them mounted, that would make them fit appropriately. I'm sure that there's a better way, so hopefully we'll be able to find out from my mistakes.

I used Wire #27 for the gauges to power the wipers, as they don't draw that much current when in use. I ran the wires through a simple SPST switch that fit into the stock wiper switch hole in the dash. The wiper motors list the three screws as "+", "-", and "S". I assumed that the "S" screw terminal was for a switch to be wired in, but no matter how I wired these motors, I found that there was a direct connection (or short) between the negative and "S" (switch?) terminals, so I used those as grounds and wired in a positive (red wires) via the switch. When using the dash-mounted electrical switch, the wipers will NOT return to their original state but simply stop where they were when the switch was thrown, whereas when you use the motor-mounted toggle switch, the wipers will return to their resting/starting position. I couldn't find a wiring setup that would allow this with the switch. Oh well.

I don't like how they come to rest in the driver's field of view...however, I could always cut them off while out of my field of view too...just didn't think to do it last time I was driving.

Anyway, I hope these pics help...if anyone can think of a better mounting/operating method please feel free to chime in. So far this works for me, and is far better than the leaky/noisy/sticking actions of the old air motors.

View attachment 401781 View attachment 401782 View attachment 401783 View attachment 401784
Will these work with snow during the winter?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks