• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical help! P.O. did 12v conversion.

bmorrow

I bought an 86 CUCV k5 from a friend who didn't know much about the blazer. I bought the truck and didn't have any issues for a few weeks. After a few weeks my batteries kept dying so I replaced one that was going bad and charged the other one. So from what I can tell he did a 12v conversion and did it all right. The problem is, 1 alternator will NOT charge both of my batteries efficiently. 12v conversion was a terrible idea. I know my friend wasn't the one who did it but someone did. He used this article and did option 2. http://www.roscommonequipmentcenter.com/nn10.pdf So my question is. What are my options. I am new to diesels. I do a lot of LS tuning and stuff so I can fumble my way around a vehicle. What would you guys recommend? Its not a daily and honestly I'm considering selling it due to some medical bills but don't want the next owner to deal with this. I could go back to 24v but I will need the alternator with the isolated ground. I really don't want to pay 200$ for an alternator. I have an extra alternator that is good but doesn't have the isolated ground. Can I make this work someone? I need the bracket and part number for the drivers side alternator belt. Is there a way to keep the 12v and get this thing running? I have a 12v starter and 24v starter. The only thing I dont know about doing is reversing ALL the electrical the P.O. did to get it to 12v. Any advice. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks