• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical help! P.O. did 12v conversion.

bmorrow

I bought an 86 CUCV k5 from a friend who didn't know much about the blazer. I bought the truck and didn't have any issues for a few weeks. After a few weeks my batteries kept dying so I replaced one that was going bad and charged the other one. So from what I can tell he did a 12v conversion and did it all right. The problem is, 1 alternator will NOT charge both of my batteries efficiently. 12v conversion was a terrible idea. I know my friend wasn't the one who did it but someone did. He used this article and did option 2. http://www.roscommonequipmentcenter.com/nn10.pdf So my question is. What are my options. I am new to diesels. I do a lot of LS tuning and stuff so I can fumble my way around a vehicle. What would you guys recommend? Its not a daily and honestly I'm considering selling it due to some medical bills but don't want the next owner to deal with this. I could go back to 24v but I will need the alternator with the isolated ground. I really don't want to pay 200$ for an alternator. I have an extra alternator that is good but doesn't have the isolated ground. Can I make this work someone? I need the bracket and part number for the drivers side alternator belt. Is there a way to keep the 12v and get this thing running? I have a 12v starter and 24v starter. The only thing I dont know about doing is reversing ALL the electrical the P.O. did to get it to 12v. Any advice. Thanks!