• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Temp

WoodyUSMC

I have done a lot of research on here and still am not sure if this is ok. My temp is reading 210-215. When I got the rig and it was dead code it didn't read anything. Then when it warmed up out side I noticed it was a bit higher. But today it was in the 70s and the temp scares me. The rig had a heater in it at one point so it's possible they set it up to run hot. But this seems a bit much.... advice please

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would hook in a mechanical gauge and see what it reads . You could have a bad sender or gauge now , military gauges are not the most reliable . You could also use a IR heat gun on the motor to check it>

Welder1

Most of these trucks run under 200*F. Mine runs steady at 180 regardless of load. I would suggest you check temp with a mechanical gage as suggested. if the temp is high you probably have a thermostat or radiator issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks