• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Temp

WoodyUSMC

I have done a lot of research on here and still am not sure if this is ok. My temp is reading 210-215. When I got the rig and it was dead code it didn't read anything. Then when it warmed up out side I noticed it was a bit higher. But today it was in the 70s and the temp scares me. The rig had a heater in it at one point so it's possible they set it up to run hot. But this seems a bit much.... advice please

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would hook in a mechanical gauge and see what it reads . You could have a bad sender or gauge now , military gauges are not the most reliable . You could also use a IR heat gun on the motor to check it>

Welder1

Most of these trucks run under 200*F. Mine runs steady at 180 regardless of load. I would suggest you check temp with a mechanical gage as suggested. if the temp is high you probably have a thermostat or radiator issue.