• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine trans bolts

3dubs

In the TM's it does not give bolt sizes. My truck is not with me and I need to replace the bold that hold the engine and transmission together. Does anyone know what size bolts are used? I also need to replace an engine mount bolt if someone knows that.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the TM 9-2320-289-34P Technical Manual, Figure 71, Item #7, the part number is

MS90728-63
NSN 5305-00-688-2111
qty - six required

Looking that part number up on www.tpub.com

it shows the bolt to be

UNC 3/8" x 1"

What part of the engine mount do you need? The ones to the block?, frame?, or the long one?

Sportsmanfromkc

**** Warthog, you got this site down to a T..... I am lucky to remember my login half the time and i save it to the computer everytime i do log in....guess it just comes with experiance. the more i work on my m1009 the more i can help others to.

thanks for being a constant on here and helping so many new or lesser experianced guys with our big boy toys..

acesneights1

yep, they are 3/8. I can attest to that being that I just did a tranny swap on mine. **** half breed ,metric/american 80's. I would use grade 5 or better.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The long bolt is GM 460308. Looks like the dealer is the best bet.

gmpartsdirect shows them for $3.61 for a package of two.

You will also want the self locking nut, GM 6262212

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks