• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ether start t stat

ericp351

Hi all. I checked and found my ether start t stat/ switch is open at 50deg outside temp. does any body know at what temp they close to allow a shot of ether? also, if bad is there any problem with just jumping it out? thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Csm Davis

20°F and it should not hurt anything to bypass it that I know of, I would rather use it than spray can because it uses a metered amount.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the liberty of correcting ETHER (not either) in the thread title and o.p.

Also, SEARCH does better when the key word is correctly spelled.
(Not nagging, just housecleaning for future searches.)

Carry on.

Last edited:

ericp351

thanks. I figured a small mettered shot better thanstraining batteries and starter at low temps and no jacket warer heaters on my truck , yet.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the liberty of correcting ETHER (not either) in the thread title and o.p.

Also, SEARCH does better when the key word is correctly spelled.
(Not nagging, just housecleaning for future searches.)

Carry on.
Hehe...

Thanks, and good luck! We can use all the help we can get.

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You honestly shouldn't need it to start the truck till your close to 0* outside.

Just so it has been posted here somewheres, the crap in a can that you spray is like 10% ether. The stuff in those orange cans in the ether start kits, is 100% ether. BE CAREFUL with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks