• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC (first time buyer) cleared in 14 days!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was the winning bidder on an M101A1 trailer, which is in amazing condition and complete with bows & tarp. Brandi at GL EUC Center helped me get everything straight on the EUC, and 14 days later it was approved.

Chris at Nellis AFB DLA (Nevada) helped me locate & hook up the trailer. No issues whatsoever, pretty painless.

SWEET!!

Attachments

top_prop

Can you complete an EUC prior to even purchasing? I'm considering making my first bids this week and wondering if I can head off some of the red tape... from what I read at GL you need to wait until you win to fill out your first EUC... am I correct?

Thanks,

Tom

PUZZLED

Sweet action!
Time to paint match the truckrofl

I also had good luck w/ my EUC - 18 days for my deuce and it was my first also
[thumbzup]

gunboy1656

Can you complete an EUC prior to even purchasing? I'm considering making my first bids this week and wondering if I can head off some of the red tape... from what I read at GL you need to wait until you win to fill out your first EUC... am I correct?

Thanks,

Tom
Yes you can NOT fill out the EUC paperwork until after you win. Paperwork is flying through lately, so dont worry to much about it.

hwcurtice

Sweet action!
Time to paint match the truckrofl

I also had good luck w/ my EUC - 18 days for my deuce and it was my first also
[thumbzup]

Is that paint the trailer to match the truck, or paint the truck to match the trailer?

Also, you can get a receiver hitch that will bring the pintle up to level. I got one and works just fine!

There's a picture of it somewhere in here....

AMX

20 days for my 1st one and 13 days for the second. Unfortunately the gl site mgr. is going on vacation, so he said I am probably looking at 1st or 2nd week of june for recovery.:roll:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy an offset hitch that will raise the level of the pintle.
I know this is long overdue, but THANK YOU to everyone who gave suggestions for adjusting the ride level for the trailer. This has since been fixed by rotating the lunette ring on the trailer tongue 180-degrees to lift the tongue, and by raising my pintle hitch on my offset shank.

Thank you folks!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, today the M101A1 found itself a new owner (and a good home). Turns out I over-bid on the recent lot of M105A2 trailers at Nellis AFB....I put in minimum bids on 5 M105A2s, hoping to fall through the cracks on one. Well, NOBODY else bid and I won 5, yes FIVE, M105A2s for MINIMUM OPENING BID. Sounds great until the bill hit our account, my wife lost her mind! Luckily the total was under $1K, but DANG, 5 trailers?!? All for minimum opening bid?!?

Funny thing is that all 5 are complete with bows & tarp covers, in great shape by the photos!!! I'll use one to replace the pickup bed on my 1-ton truck (with tool boxes mounted underneath to carry chains & binders, tools, etc...), and I'll keep another to tow behind my truck.

What the heck do I do with the other 3??? Dang, SF97s for all of them at $60/each is $300 total!! Of course one won't need it, as I'll remove the bed and part out the chassis, so I'm potentially looking at $240 for 4 SF97s. Which then leads to all the issues with the brakes that I've spent many hours reading through in the Trailers section. **GROAN**

I'll have to post photos here when I pick them up; the EUC was just sent to Battle Creek today (after submission on Monday, I'm getting too good at this...), so hopefully I can pick them up in the next 3-4 weeks. I plan on trying to get all 5 in one trip on my flatbed trailer. We shall see!! I could always stack 2 pairs of them and squeeze in the 5th on the end of the flatbed trailer.

I don't think I'll be buying much on GL anytime soon after this snafu. :roll:

armydad93

i envy you all im still trying to scrape some funds to bid on my first and only mv as my plans are to make it my b.o.v. camper. to keep it as simple as possible a job im thinking of eather a grabbing a rolling apparment box from a jumked civ tractor and tossing it on the frame. where the cargo bed would be. or b trying to find a used camper and gutting it for the parts to build one myself. now both cases i was thinking a 5 ton long bed or 2.5 ton long bed. any thoughts on a good model. im also going to be using the mutifuel option alot as diesel is 4.75 a gallon up here in rhode island. any guidance would be appriciated from auction sites to essential go pick it up to bring items. also ill have to drive my sport trac down to pick it up with my 2 daughters most likely in tow. so what tow system is allowed to drive it back home towing my truck behind us? what is the euc?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks