• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC - Such randomness!

Jinx

I faxed my EUC w/export letter. Then the next day I emailed the same documents and followed up an hour later with an online chat to verify the paperwork had arrived.

When I got my revisions notice, I made the appropriate changes, then emailed them back to my rep. The day after I faxed everything again just to be sure and followed up with another online chat.

So basically they got everything twice, and I followed up with an online chat to verify everything was received. Don't assume they have received it. Resend if you think you need too and follow up just to be sure.

rat4spd

Hey, congratulations to Dug for receiving his export letter today. The email and invoice should follow shortly. I'm sure he'd being proclaiming that the waters have been parted, but alas he is busy at Scout camp, and can't.

So good luck on the soon to be recovery, and let's hope your truck is still in one piece. :razz:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Rat. Still WAITING for GL to update my status to paid. If all works out maybe Thursday I can send her down the Cajon Pass towards home.

Let's hope the locks are still on the toolbox and the back door.....................

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my EUC today. Wow. Kind of a letdown after all the bitching and crying.

Won the truck on March 12th. Faxed in the EUC (signed) and copy of drivers license on the 13th (but it was b & w). Later that day I scanned and emailed another copy of the EUC (forgot to sign) and a sharp, clear, COLOR copy of my drivers license. On the 17th I realized that my scanned copy wasn't signed. I did the live chat to see if they could put the color copy together with the signed EUC. Was told they had NOTHING on me anywhere and to resend. I signed the EUC and emailed it with the color drivers license and the export letter. Did live chat an hour later and was told they had it. On the 21st (while I was away in Scout Camp) Rat checked my account and it needed revisions. Couldn't do anything about it until the 23rd. Redid everything (cuz they didn't like my drivers license) and resent. On the 25th I was sent up to Battle Creek. Sat and waited while Rat brought his truck on home. Did the live chat again on the 7th and found out via them that my EUC was kicked back from Battle Creek for being "fuzzy". WTF? Aren't they checking that stuff? Redid it again with the new laser printer I bought to print all the TMs. Took glass cleaner to my scanner bed and and scanned it at the highest res possible. Printed that file to check it for fuzziness. Looked perfect. Called Daniel and let him know it was in route. He replied quickly and said he had a co worker who would get it right through. On the 8th the status changed back to Battle Creek. On the 18th I got the letter for the gov saying I was good to go. And late this afternoon, when it was too late to call Barstow to make sure I could pick up Thursday, I got the PAID notice. Hopefully they are flexible up there and want my truck gone.

GL is what it is. I know the old timers have been through much much worse, my thing is my $$$$$ has been gone since before they told me I won. So that should count for something. In Rat's case everything went smooth. I had Daniel on my paperwork, he had Brandi.

Let's hope all goes smooth on the recovery. I hoping to get the green light for Thursday. 110 miles mostly downhill and through LA. Good times......................

rat4spd

Whatever he posts can't be nearly as good as the cross country trip he had once upon a time. And coming out of Barstow and down the mountain was a special part also. :)

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever he posts can't be nearly as good as the cross country trip he had once upon a time. And coming out of Barstow and down the mountain was a special part also. :)

Why in the heck would you try to re tie that junk tranny back into gear alongside a busy freeway when you KNOW the starter is iffy, the bumper is half ripped off, the hole in the radiator is kinda patched, you're already on the damn spare, it's raining and we got 150 miles to go? I meant it when I said that was the last time I was push starting that overloaded El Camino.

If I wasn't bummed about blowing the engine in my Chevelle at the start of the trip I would have left you alongside the road. Since you waited for me, I figured I better wait for you - but you pushed it man!

roscoe

Dug, sounds like your EUC was a lot more trouble than mine and still took the same amount of time. I only had 1 revision, then off to Battle Creek. My auction ended on the 12th of March also and I just got my PAID IN FULL INVOICE today. It did sit in "Submission Pending" land for a couple of weeks though. Good luck on the recovery.

Jinx

Some people are over sensitive about GL. You pay $2500 for a truck and expect it to have everything? Maybe I'm a little desensitized to such stuff, but you are lucky to find a truck that runs around here for that price.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tommorrow we have an appointment for pick up at Barstow. Tim - the GL dude - says he has apponitments at 0800-0930, but I can wrench while I wait for those in front of me to clear out. That's kewl. My team consists of my wife, my daughter and DH phone support. I have my truck tool box packed full, a cardboard box full of parts in the cab and an 8 foot bed 1/2 full of gear. I am probably forgetting something, but this is SOCAL - it can't be too far away. My daughter doesn't know it, but she's riding shotgun to shoot video. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks