• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Everything new, still wouldn't start on it's own - SOLVED!

Jeepsinker

If the plunger isn't sticking at all and the spring isn't weak, there's no reason the button would fall off, even with a failed retainer. The plunger, button, tappet and cam will all be in constant contact, and being as the plunger and button have concave and convex contact surfaces the button won't just slide out sideways unless a gap forms from a sticky plunger.

I have no reason to lie to you and nothing to prove James. I think we know each other better than that.

Perhaps it's the way I'm wording this.
The retainer can be failed and the truck can still run as long as the button is still in line with the plunger stem and the plunger isn't sticking.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dam you up early!! No problem. Garrett have no problem with you and you have always helped people with the trucks with no attitude.
Now once again not saying it is the plunger sticking just that it was thrown in a discussion. Even outside of the box IP stops with plunger almost all the way down smaller pressure on the spring and cam / tappet drops out from under it and opens up the gap. Or other way engine stops with plunger with spring all the way compressed then cam / tappet drops out from under the plunger on start up very quick. I do not know but it does seems to be a reoccurring problem we see on the board. Here I do not know and if we ever will, all we can do is fix it.

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Dam you up early!! No problem. Garrett have no problem with you and you have always helped people with the trucks with no attitude. "Someone" with a bad attitude or lies I do not like.
Now once again not saying it is the plunger sticking just that it was thrown in a discussion. Even outside of the box IP stops with plunger almost all the way down smaller pressure on the spring and cam / tappet drops out from under it and opens up the gap. Or other way engine stops with plunger with spring all the way compressed then cam / tappet drops out from under the plunger on start up very quick. I do not know but it does seems to be a reoccurring problem we see on the board. Here I do not know and if we ever will, all we can do is fix it.
Not early, late. I'm in South Korea.😄

Even if we could fix the recurring issue I don't think it's worth it anymore. They aren't hard to fix and it also forces people to change o-rings that need to be changed anyway. And I honestly don't think these pumps and engines will be around in vast numbers for too many more years. Just my opinion.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Long way to go to get out of IDA's way but ok. X wife just outside of New Orleans some shingles roof damage let water in living room and bedroom closet. Brother in law in Houma vary little damage to house and he stayed at Houma FBO. Airport took lots of damage.
As for the plunger I just lean towards the black stain of trouble that seems to lock up the fuel control unit assembly people seem to have problems with. I always use some kind of diesel fuel cleaner, cetane improver and lubricity. Your right easy fix and the second one you do even easer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks