• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust selector/Diverter???

andytk5

Alright guys I found some pics from the other day. I haven't connected the stack yet in these pics( I'll get some of those tomm). You can at least see where my overall project is headed.
You can see the diverter tied into the downpipe/j-pipe as well as the pipe that runs to the back. Then the majority of the rear exhaust section. Then one of the muffler when you peek thru the rear wheel area.

Next is to run the exhaust up over the rear axles and frame to the very back.

Skidoosh!:D

Attachments

andytk5

It does hang a few inches lower than the gas tank and battery box on that side. If I was better when I laid it out I could have had it uphigher but that bend was tough as well as the E-Brake housing sticking out into the area I was trying to work in, and still leave room arond the fittings and not get to close to anything. Plus the muffler case dictated some of my placement.

wdbtchr

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but you should check local laws concerning remotely operated cutouts. I know here in MO they're illegal if they can be operated from the drivers seat. Ask me how I know, I had a set on my '68 Camaro between the headers and exhaust system.:roll:

bjsmith

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but you should check local laws concerning remotely operated cutouts. I know here in MO they're illegal if they can be operated from the drivers seat. Ask me how I know, I had a set on my '68 Camaro between the headers and exhaust system.:roll:
they may not care about in a case like this where it is installed to quite it down from stock instead of open it up after headers and make it louder

andytk5

I see your point and while I think there is a law in florida about an exhaust bypass or cutout not being allowed it pertains to using one to bypass your emissions or other factory exhaust components, none of which I think apply here since the exhaust was straight out before and I am actually running it thru a muffler and out the back, not "dumping" it as a track car would.

andytk5

Here is the finished product. Noise is really reduced. Moving the muffler over the rear axles helped regain a few inches of ground clearance. I am only down 2-3" now. I'm going to take a drive later alnd I'll report back.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks