• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

expensive 816

jwaller

not really, look who is selling it. it's prob been refurbed front to back. compare that with a modern unit, prob about 200k for a civi unit that couldn't begin to get off road.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is a commercial market in these trucks. Just because you and I wouldn't pay it doesn't mean it isn't a deal for someone else.

bratpackdad

hmm...I think it depends on how well the systems operate. How clean it is and if they really went thru the whole truck. If they did a tight job then it's about right.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give it a few years and watch what's paid for these trucks, and stand by!:cookoo:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That one is in very good shape.

Everybody deserves a return on their investment.

If it it worth it to a buyer then it is not overpriced.

The guy that bought my wrecker put some bucks into refurbing it but he told me he could not buy a civilian equivalent for less than 50k used.

The crane on these trucks is prob worth 10k.

I know there is one dealer that will pay 13K for a rebuildable core wrecker.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a really big truck.
The spec sheet states that is 356 feet in length!
That is 7 feet shorter than the Saturn V launch vehicle.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ya, it needs a over length permit, unless that realy is " not '

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
For someone who does recovery work for law enforcement etc...like we do...you never know what you will run into. We have a fully functional M816 (some of you have seen it). I don't have 25K in it and it's not "fully restored" but runs, looks and operates really well.
I wouldn't sell it for 25K unless the "wolf was at the door"!!:)

Our civilian 30ton wreckers are pretty much helpless when it comes to getting off the improved roads.

Besides....the "coolness factor" adds alot to the valuerofl

deuceman51

I agree, I won't part with mine for under that especially since they are fully serviced and equipped with all the BII. I sell M915s and they are more than you get them from GL, but they have been fully worked over, serviced, inspected, and come with a warrenty. Green Iron is still a bargain when compared to commercial options....and yes the coolness factor is much more also.

SixSpeed

Banned
Thought it looked familiar, that is one of the trucks Oshkosh Equipment has for sale:

Military Trucks, 6x6 Wreckers for sale - Oshkosh Equipment Sales, LLC

All of their trucks look like they have had some serious TLC given to them and I would bet they work as good as they look.

Probably worth the money, sure it isn't a GL deal but as stated earlier in the thread its better than a $200,000 civilian unit that won't go in the rough stuff!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks