• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Experimental Deuce?

Michael

Don't forget the sales tax they will probably add. I bet they will have 14 to 15 in it before they get it home.

beaubeau

Expensive Deuce!! Just think, someone has a "ONE OF A Kind Deuce",Maybe it will run!! I could have bought 5,maybe 6 Deuces for the price. I think I shall build a Deuce with 8.3 Cummins with 13spd RR and advertize it for $10,000!!! Or a 6-71 Detroit with 13spd over. !!

Blythewoodjoe

Yes, add 7% sales tax. They will collect it too. The nice looking drop side with hard top there went for about $1570.00 plus the other fees. I can't help but wonder if this one (the "experimental") will be up for auction again in 2 months. The one in my back yard was a relisted truck. I would also like to find out how much sales tax they will collect. I think we have a $500 cap on vehciles. Anybody bought a truck from SC that had more than $500 sales tax charged on it? I could be wrong about the cap amount, I don't buy many new cars.

Gotta love an auction.
Joe Trapp

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ChevyPowerWagon said:
FMJ said:
I found these pictures, somewhere.....

M35E3C?
That truck is currently sitting at Ft. Jackson, SC. I have a bid on it right now. There's another one also. I might be getting it pretty cheap, so if anybody would need parts, or the whole truck let me know.
I know you had the first bid but did you get the last? If so you didn't get it "pretty cheap" :D .
Seriously though, I think I could build a truck like that for less money. Maybe not if I count my time but I know I could buy a truck and all the parts for that price. To each his own and I guess if I had money laying around I may have bid that much. It's sure one of a kind.
I was watching the truck only to see how high it went. I knew it would go crazy high and there was no way I could afford it :cry: .

Blood_of_Tyrants

RE: Re: Experimental Deuce?

You could buy a Cummins engine and transmission and have it installed for less than that NON RUNNING truck that is going to take thousands to get it running.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To my surprise, 7202 didn't get it. It was a bidders number I don't recognize at all. Someone does have deeper pockets than 7202

ah1955

You could put anything in an M35A2 that you want but you wil still just have a M35A2 built by some guy. To a true collector this is the real deal with numbers to prove it(hopefully) built by Cummins Military Systems.Could be what makes the differance between 5 or 6 of anything else. May have had true appeal to a serious collector.
If someone is willing to pay then it must have not been too much(at least for them)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For it to have brought that much there had to be atleast one other person bidding against them to run the bid up that high. There are atleast two people that thought this truck was worth over $10,000.

jwaller

Blythewoodjoe said:
Yes, add 7% sales tax. They will collect it too. The nice looking drop side with hard top there went for about $1570.00 plus the other fees. I can't help but wonder if this one (the "experimental") will be up for auction again in 2 months. The one in my back yard was a relisted truck. I would also like to find out how much sales tax they will collect. I think we have a $500 cap on vehciles. Anybody bought a truck from SC that had more than $500 sales tax charged on it? I could be wrong about the cap amount, I don't buy many new cars.

Gotta love an auction.
Joe Trapp
I wanna say they charged me more than 500 on sales tax when I bought my 818 from jackson.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
m16ty said:
For it to have brought that much there had to be atleast one other person bidding against them to run the bid up that high. There are atleast two people that thought this truck was worth over $10,000.
And one is a dealer...

Blythewoodjoe

jwaller said:
I wanna say they charged me more than 500 on sales tax when I bought my 818 from jackson.
I just checked my new sales tax book and it appears I was wrong. It's a $300 cap on motor vehicles. Check your paper work and see what they charged you. I will call the Department of Revenue tomorrow and check on a few things. I also find it curious that a company that is Arizona based can sell something on Federal property and charge SC sales tax? My DMV doesn't want to do anything because they say a company based in Arizona can't be touched in SC yet they can charge SC sales tax.