• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extreme RV from M36a2

daddy2

Alright I have 3 sets of pics for you guys. First set is of the re-designed skylight/ excape hatch. Doing what I did should give me some more light and I think it will look better, but it did cost me a day or two :doh:. The next set is the preping of the inside for primer. I already primed the inside but don't have pics of it yet. Good old rusty metal rustoleum. I was having a problem with water in the air line. A friend sugested it might be do to the amount of air hose I have. I have a filter attached to the compressor but I was using 75' of hose. Puting the second filter in did the trick. Only problem was after I sprayed the inside I disconnected the air hose and the water in the canister dripped out over the newly painted floor. The next day I sanded the area down and re-primed it, and adds another day aua . The third set of pics is of the steps I made, with a little help from a buddy.
skylight redesign 001.jpgskylight redesign 002.jpgskylight redesign 003.jpgskylight redesign 004.jpgskylight redesign 005.jpg

daddy2

Final set is the steps. My buddy Kevin came over to lay out the tread rise. I have done it before but he has a lot experience than me and I had limited materials to work with, so I decided to get him to lay it out for me. I owe him a case of beer:beer:.

stairs to camper 001.jpgstairs to camper 010.jpgstairs to camper 002.jpgstairs to camper 003.jpgstairs to camper 004.jpgstairs to camper 005.jpgstairs to camper 006.jpgstairs to camper 007.jpgstairs to camper 008.jpgstairs to camper 009.jpg

daddy2

It isn't as heavy as it looks. 16 guage channel and 7.5" web with 2" flanges. It will actually hinge to the tailgate so no need to carry it. Pics to come this next week. PS treads are 21" wide.

Scarecrow1

This is a build I have followed with much respect for you and your support group. I just wanted to say when it comes to your moister problem in the air lines I found if you let it cycle the first time drain it then repeat it one more time it seems to decrease the moister problem in the air lines. Don't ask me why it just works for me. :)

59apache

Chipmaker
you should add a foldable handrail, like this on:
for antislip you can use aluminium granulat...you can get it cheap from a scrapyard...and with a thin layer of paint you have a nice antislip surface.

P1010003.jpg

daddy2

Thanks for the info scarecrow. I'll try it next time.

59 I was going to try using some chain as railing. Not sure how it will work, I am definitely having a hand rail for safety.

daddy2

Got some more done today. I prepped the bathroom and dinnette areas and masked off the rest of the inside. I was going to spray herculiner on the side walls and floor of the bathroom and dinnette areas but the spray system was crap. The stuff in the containers was thicker than tar even after I vigerously mixed it. I took it back to napa and they had no problem giving me my $$ back. Then I spent two hours looking for a roll on kit. Only place to have it in stock was auto zone. I bought two quart containers and got to work on it, now it was close to 90 degrees out side. I painted a coat on with a cheap disposable paint brush, waited 2 hour and put the second coat on. I just had enouph with out a drop to spare. No pics because I am beat. While I waited for it to dry I worked on welding the hinges on the steps. Time for beer and pizza.

daddy2

Took a look at the herculiner job this morning. I really like the way it turned out,,,, so another change to the custom camper. Instead of rustoleum bronze hammered I am going with herculiner grey. Less change of slipping when it is wet and can just rinse out the inside after the kids and myself have tracked mud in it all weekend long. Now all I need is to find a place that carries it.

59apache

Chipmaker
i'm not shure about...but i've bought herculiner and i read that you can use xylol for thinning. maybe you can spray it. x my finger for you that everything works out!

daddy2

good to know for the future 59. I sprayed the rest of the floor on wednesday. I used the tintable raptor liner. A bit more $$ but I decided to let the wife pick a color. I figured even if she hates the color when its done she'll never say a word because she picked it. My plan seems to have worked. She said she really likes it. The truth is I think it looks great also.

Sent a bunch of stuff to get powder coated yesterday. The only two other things to get powdercoated are the stairs and the air conditioner wall frame. I hope to get the steps done completely this weekend.

daddy2

Ok here are some pics of the raptor liner with the wifes color. the order of the pics is a little off but I think you can make it out all right. raptor liner foor 001.jpgraptor liner foor 005.jpgraptor liner foor 006.jpgraptor liner foor 002.jpgraptor liner foor 003.jpgraptor liner foor 004.jpg

Last edited:

tamangel

d2, Your attachments are inop..at least for my viewing.. Mike W..

Invalid Attachment specified. The Attachment may have been deleted for various reasons. If you
followed a valid link, please notify the administrator