• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extreme RV from M36a2

daddy2

Haven't had time to post much or work on the deuce. I had a few hours this am before work though. I was informed the tailgate/deck needed to be wider and the top step had to be fixed. All requests per wifey and daughter. So like any tough man of the house, I grumbled and started thinking it out. Heres some pics.added stair and wider deck 001.jpgadded stair and wider deck 002.jpgadded stair and wider deck 003.jpgadded stair and wider deck 004.jpgadded stair and wider deck 005.jpgadded stair and wider deck 006.jpgadded stair and wider deck 007.jpg

daddy2

That deck is way too big. I'll be happy with my little pad.

My veterans rally trip to Kokomo Indiana was great. We did the tent thing because the camper wasn't ready for a trip like that, 700 miles one way. I realized the amount of water for showers was going to be a lot more than I thought. I bought two 75 gallon water tanks to take as extras. Just got some more figuring on where to stow them.

I worked on maintenance things this week. I had to change a rear wheel cylinder, and sure as grass is green, I put the outter seal on backwards. It made a **** of a mess, so I had th tear off the drum and hub off again to clean it up. Nice thing about it is I'm getting faster at getting a hub and drum off.

Last edited:

daddy2

For any one still interested in this thread I have been hard at work on the camper. Getting ready for the Rausch Creek Rally. I have a bunch of pics to post and I want to explain them as I go, so I will put on a few posts for this.

1. I finished the step fill in. Pics will explain. I herculined it and put it in for good.

2. I also almost finished the deck extension. I have a piece of aluminum decking on order that will replace the plywood. When it is installed I will herculine the tailgate and the deck extension.

Pics are here

pre rausch creek check list 001.jpgpre rausch creek check list 002.jpgpre rausch creek check list 003.jpgpre rausch creek check list 004.jpgpre rausch creek check list 005.jpgpre rausch creek check list 029.jpgpre rausch creek check list 030.jpgpre rausch creek check list 031.jpg

Last edited:

daddy2

3. I modified the air conditioner window. When I pull the ac unit I have to fill the the opening. I was using a piece of alluminum diamond plate, but I decided on using an left over piece of the polycarbonate I had. It gives more light in the camper during the day.

4. I also had to do something about communicating with the back while driving. I oppted for the cab to camper window. I can't crawl though it, but it is alright. Later I plan on finishing the crawl through, but for now it will be fine.

pre rausch creek check list 006.jpgpre rausch creek check list 007.jpgpre rausch creek check list 008.jpgpre rausch creek check list 009.jpgpre rausch creek check list 010.jpgpre rausch creek check list 011.jpgpre rausch creek check list 012.jpgpre rausch creek check list 013.jpg

daddy2

5. The first pic of the cab to camper window shows the heater also. It is a 10,000 btu vent free propane heater form procom. I bought it form northern tool. It runs on a 20 lb propane tank. When I finish running the gas line, I will tie it in to that, but for now it is the cats meow. It has a built in o2 depletion sensor and carbon monoxide sensor.

6. The inspiration that keeps me going. You'll see from the pic.

pre rausch creek check list 022.jpgpre rausch creek check list 027.jpgpre rausch creek check list 015.jpg

daddy2

7. Per state and rausch creek laws I added 4 seat belts to the rear. The stainless steel sheet is for the counter top. It goes over the sink opening but bounces around too much when I have it over the sink while I am driving, so I strap it down here.

8. I also installed the bath tub and walls. They are not finished though, I need a few more screws, and yes they are stainless screws and I sealed them with through the roof caulking. I also have the corner moldings to go in place. I bought the pannels from farm tec. They are 1/8 inch solid plastic.

pre rausch creek check list 018.jpgpre rausch creek check list 016.jpgpre rausch creek check list 017.jpg

daddy2

9. I installed the sink faucet. No water yet but it makes the counter top look nice. Money is a little tight, so I have to wait a bit to get the pump, water lines and the plumbing. The refrigerator is going where the blue water drum is, but for now it is in the basement filled with beer.

10. The cots are fully functional. They also serve as a great place to store the cushions when not in use. The wifie is holding the top cot. Normally it is held up with two of the green straps holding the cushions to the cots. They attach to the I-bolts mounted to the ceiling.

I hope this makes up for the lack of posts. Wish us luck at rausch creek.

pre rausch creek check list 024.jpgpre rausch creek check list 025.jpgpre rausch creek check list 026.jpgpre rausch creek check list 019.jpgpre rausch creek check list 023.jpg

Last edited:

daddy2

I'ld love to go with you Razor, but your build out classes me. My home doesn't have the wood work your trailer has. Ha ha. Maybe we can get together some time to share ideas and a beer.

daddy2

Thanks drician, and Razor. After a few hours of hard work I was able to install the stove. HA HA. I did get to have a few hours of beer drinking and talking with my dad without the wives around though. Stove is mobile like the camper.camper stove 001.jpgcamper stove 002.jpg

RAYZER

Thanks drician, and Razor. After a few hours of hard work I was able to install the stove. HA HA. I did get to have a few hours of beer drinking and talking with my dad without the wives around though. Stove is mobile like the camper.View attachment 457519View attachment 457520
Well at least you got something done! I went out to the lz today and just could not get in the mood to work on anything.
I think ill take a week or two away from working on my projects.
I am however with you on drinking some beer right now!

peashooter

Your Conversion is coming along great! Having the AC on the back is a great idea since it will make it possible to run while driving. I'm looking forward to your review on the heater as well. I probably missed it, but what are you doing for a Propane tank? Are you going with a standard 20 lb vertical bottle somewhere or a horizontal tank under the frame? (sorry if you have it posted somewhere & I overlooked it.)

daddy2

The off roading trip was a success. Only need to replace two of the exhaust flappers. The bath room vent flapper and the actual exhaust flapper. I do have a few things to adjust. The heater worked great but the heat stayed at the ceiling. A few vent fans should do the trick. I have to get a few construction jobs going. I'm out of $ for the build.

parkland

Hi there!
Awesome project!!!

I know you said earlier, you might incorporate a TV, well I had an idea for you, that I used in my camper.
There are no free TV signals any more, unless you're right next to a city and get HDTV.
Could go with satellite, but then you need the reciever and card and subscription.

What I did, and what I propose you could do, is order one of these :
http://dx.com/c/consumer-electronics-199/hd-media-players-103/android-hd-players-191

They are little android boxes, that hook up to a TV.
Just plug in a wireless keyboard and mouse, and plug in a USB stick or USB hard drive,
and you can play movies or music through the android box!
Could also plug a surround speaker system in I imagine!
Those android players are as cheap as 50$ shipped, we have them all over our house now haha.

I have one in my camper, and we have a 2 TB usb drive, it's got about 900 movies, several tv shows, and 15,000 songs on it!

zout

Absolutely Outstanding build to you and your family - taking it out and getting the bugs out is the best parts. You folks have done good.
Best part it looks like it was a full family ordeal with everyones participation - way to GO.

daddy2

Not sure about the tv thing. Not because it's a bad idea, because I think it is actually pretty cool. I am just concerned the camping trip will become a vacation house and not camping. So I am real slow to move with the tv.

I plan on starting the electric in the next week or so.

Thanks for the words of encouragement all. Not too awful much more to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks