• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Facebook Seller

CapePrep

Hope this is ok to ask. A seller on FB, "Military Truck Spare Part for Sale". Seems to be legit and has a spare tire carrier I am interested in for a good price. Comms are a little difficult. Anyone used them or know anything? Not looking to lose $1000. Thanks

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope this is ok to ask. A seller on FB, "Military Truck Spare Part for Sale". Seems to be legit and has a spare tire carrier I am interested in for a good price. Comms are a little difficult. Anyone used them or know anything? Not looking to lose $1000. Thanks
I just checked them out. It's a scam. They claim to be in Deleware, but have a Baton Rouge, LA phone number. The lack of caps in the address etc.

I called the number and and got no answer, the person called me back with a thick foreign accent.

I asked about a Hummer bumpers year and what model hummer, he wouldn't answer, only wanted to know of I was ready to place an order, then when I asked again, hung up on me.

Do not buy from this guy.

Screenshot_20240223_064611_Facebook.jpg

CapePrep

I just checked them out. It's a scam. They claim to be in Deleware, but have a Baton Rouge, LA phone number. The lack of caps in the address etc.

I called the number and and got no answer, the person called me back with a thick foreign accent.

I asked about a Hummer bumpers year and what model hummer, he wouldn't answer, only wanted to know of I was ready to place an order, then when I asked again, hung up on me.

Do not buy from this guy.

View attachment 917328
Thanks Ken!!! Was going to call. I am super skeptical to online fraud. And this guy raises some red flags for me. Just asked about payment(using it as a tool to vet him) and some BS about only cash app/apple pay because of issues with shipping etc. The address is a warehouse in Delaware. Not his name but seems legit. Encourages people to come and pick up in person. Wish I knew how to do picture search on Google. He sent me a couple for items I wanted. Thanks again for sleuthing.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ken!!! Was going to call. I am super skeptical to online fraud. And this guy raises some red flags for me. Just asked about payment(using it as a tool to vet him) and some BS about only cash app/apple pay because of issues with shipping etc. The address is a warehouse in Delaware. Not his name but seems legit. Encourages people to come and pick up in person. Wish I knew how to do picture search on Google. He sent me a couple for items I wanted. Thanks again for sleuthing.
No worries bud. We have to take care of each other!

cdohner44mag

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I just looked up the address that Ken posted. The address is legit, but the number is not. It is for a military parts place here in dover. If I'm not mistaken the owner is a member on this site.

CapePrep

So I just looked up the address that Ken posted. The address is legit, but the number is not. It is for a military parts place here in dover. If I'm not mistaken the owner is a member on this site.
Interesting. Do you have or know the name of the owner at that address? Did this guy steal somebody's page? He is getting lot's of responses on his FB page for items for sale. Would like to out the scammer if possible to save others. Can you go there and see what is up? He shows lot's of interesting pictures on his page. But, page only goes back to january of this year.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting. Do you have or know the name of the owner at that address? Did this guy steal somebody's page? He is getting lot's of responses on his FB page for items for sale. Would like to out the scammer if possible to save others. Can you go there and see what is up? He shows lot's of interesting pictures on his page. But, page only goes back to january of this year.
That's T&Js address.

CapePrep

So I sent a message saying I, and others were going to out him on here and elsewhere. Let him know that he stole an address of a viable business. And some other choice "advice". Just checked is FB page and the address has been taken down. Going to continue to poke him. And he was so responsive with inquires, not so much now!!

CapePrep

I'll text John Murray and let him know someone is using his address.
Timely post-See my post from above. He has already modified his FB page.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stay away from public FB sites
make contact with admins of private sites if you have a question about a seller on private sites…have common sense about
the part and price, chances are you were drawn to them because the price was cheap…wake up, if It’s to good to be true? It probably is.
there are no $2k sets of x-doors…..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks