• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Facebook Seller

Autonomy_Lost

Waiting for the sun to come up here in Northeast and decided to check on our friend. Seems he has either blocked me or has taken the page down. Did some research on how to do a picture search. Put in the 2 pictures he sent me of the Rhino tire carrier and IBIS spot lights. Tire carrier came from Black Rhino page and the spot lights from some random auction site. Can anyone else access the scammer page? https://www.facebook.com/119279124480329
Military Spare Parts
Still shaking my head.
Its still up.

biscuitwhistler37

https://www.ic3.gov/Home/FileComplaint

Our buddy's still working hard trying to find kens 715 Hummar bumper. Just gonna drop this link here, maybe if 5-10 of us report him through there at once someone above our pay grade will take notice. Has anyone been in contact with Mr Murray about someone using his address? It'd be best if he files a complaint seeing as it's his address that's been stolen.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Waiting for the sun to come up here in Northeast and decided to check on our friend. Seems he has either blocked me or has taken the page down. Did some research on how to do a picture search. Put in the 2 pictures he sent me of the Rhino tire carrier and IBIS spot lights. Tire carrier came from Black Rhino page and the spot lights from some random auction site. Can anyone else access the scammer page? https://www.facebook.com/119279124480329
Military Spare Parts
Still shaking my head.
He blocked you. It's still up.

biscuitwhistler37

Mmmmk so its a Google phone number where when you call you're required to state your name before it will ring. This is voice analysis software. We are not dealing with a people, this is a bot. Pretty sure the email address will confirm that, the words AI man are in it..... Reporting to Gmail for fraudulent activity as should we all, the squeaky wheel gets greased.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did a google image search on the picture he is using on his Facebook page. It is the same picture as the workshop picture on the "Military Truck Works" website. Look at the shelves, the lifts, and the sand blast cabinet. Our Shop | Military Truck Works I just sent them a message to let them know.
i personally know the owner of that business,we are good frienso, he’s been aware of the pics being used, FB don’t give a hoot.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
As I stated in my previous post of scammer and hackers, my company had the same internet bad AH actors. They grab your pictures, your good name, make a sale and then you get a call for someone you NEVER have record of looking for what they think they bought. Very disheartening when trying to do the right thing in this world.

I would have no problem if someone outed them. Like the guys going after the BS help call centers to get back $$ stolen from little old ladies. see the utube roaches at work

Little old men with HumV's, CAMO

Last edited by a moderator:

CapePrep

Received this earlier today from a gentleman. Not showing his name for obvious reasons. I don't know him at all. Just reached out to me after I posted on FB about these scum bags. This is why we need to do everything we can to make their lives as difficult as possible. I agree they will always be out there, but if I fan make just one re think or shut down, I am good with that.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is not just Facebook, there are a TON of fake web sites out there, If I have no experience the first thing I do is simply search ( is "the web site" legit) there are several scam detectors that will pop up and rate the sites and there are allot that fail the scam detector, if they pass and it is going to be a major purchase I will ask on a related forum if anyone has done business with them.
Lately I have been buying allot of reloading supplies and have found many scam sites, most look really good, evidently it is rather easy to whip up a legitimate looking site.
All the scam sites I have found respond almost immediately that they have the item in stock and to go ahead and put in my order, probably an automated response.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I work hard trying to keep the scammers away from here. Best advice I can offer is to ask for photos of the item. Ask them to take a new photo with a simple note laying on the item with the current date and perhaps your name on it. 99% of the scammers will ghost you the very moment you ask for that. Any legitimate person wouldn't have a problem with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks