• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall Camp Dirtbag

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bring some lipstick...not as permanent but just as funny!

T-Shirts ordered today. Maybe a small glitch with the front artwork and the green shirts...I was fraid of that! Hugh will have a couple practice shirts tomorrow.

WTH..RAIN on Sat!!?? I gotta do some PM!!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GREEN? Who the F wants GREEN? If it ain't tan it ain't chit! The war has moved to the dez oldtimers, support your heros with TAN trucks!

:D

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only thing I gotta say is a bad day in the dez is better than a good day at home! Who cares, Back of a deuce or 105,..with a cover of course!, A table, checkers or a movie and a coldie. Life COULDN'T be better! Ever off road in the rain? It will eventually blow over.

Gas starts fire very well!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camper is watertight, kids condo M105 might be water tight. Check, looks like I'm good. Rain makes MUD and the quads love MUD!

Wife says don't come home all muddy and dirty - does that mean she wants us to stay out longer?

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the roof on the M109 did leak, just finished doing some work on that, guess I'll find how successful I actually was. I'll bring a tarp for an emergency backup and all will be golden.

msisco

Rain???

I think it's pretty rare that it rains in that area but when it does look out! I was out there about two months ago exactly where Camp Dirt Bag is. We heard flash flood warnings on the radio twice that day during the storm but it never rained in that valley (it has decent mountains on both sides that shelters the valley). 15 minutes away and the roads where closed and washed out from flash floods! I have been out there a lot over the last ten years and all I can says is that it could be raining everywhere in the world with full blown "Storm Watch 2010" and that valley could be bone dry. BUT DONT BLAME ME IF IT RAINS AND YOUR NOT READY! Either way I am sure it's going to be a blast.rofl

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a couple of tarps in the 105. If anyone gets stuck w/o cover, we got ya. OK, ENOUGH about the nasty four letter word!

msisco

[QUOTE=DUG;693394]GREEN? Who the F wants GREEN? If it ain't tan it ain't chit! The war has moved to the dez oldtimers, support your heros with TAN trucks!

:D[/QUOTE]

A new paint job on the 5 TON cargo truck in Desert TAN 686 is on the to do list! Trying to by a new bed cover just in time for Camp Dirt Bag! Keep that ol rain out of the Studio Apartment...
:beer:

msisco

Whats up with the mines?

OK. Please forgive me on this question and my thoughts but I am new to the forum and never been to Camp Dirtbag and met you all yet. I have to ask, what is the deal with the mines??? dare I say but I have been inside atleast 15 different ones in that area over the last 10 years and I understand the concern over safety but has some one fallen and can't get up?

The way I look at it is so long as no one just walks into a vertical shaft or kicks out a support beam these mines probably are not going to cave in on you.. just my 2 cents. It sounds like there is either a good story to back up the "NO MINES" or there is a little phobia going on. :cookoo:

I have actually found a really great mine out there that is amazing to check out. Probably 300' feet long and 8' tall once your in.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just dont bring any "tea bags" for the guys passed out by the fire! I picked up a very hard to get overtime shift for Saturday the 6th starting at 1300 but am seriously considering cancelling it so I can stay longer.

Barneyszoo

Only thing I gotta say is a bad day in the dez is better than a good day at home! Who cares, Back of a deuce or 105,..with a cover of course!, A table, checkers or a movie and a coldie. Life COULDN'T be better! Ever off road in the rain? It will eventually blow over.

Gas starts fire very well!
We could have a whole poker terny in the back of the 5 ton.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK. Please forgive me on this question and my thoughts but I am new to the forum and never been to Camp Dirtbag and met you all yet. I have to ask, what is the deal with the mines??? dare I say but I have been inside atleast 15 different ones in that area over the last 10 years and I understand the concern over safety but has some one fallen and can't get up?

The way I look at it is so long as no one just walks into a vertical shaft or kicks out a support beam these mines probably are not going to cave in on you.. just my 2 cents. It sounds like there is either a good story to back up the "NO MINES" or there is a little phobia going on. :cookoo:

I have actually found a really great mine out there that is amazing to check out. Probably 300' feet long and 8' tall once your in.
The mine itself is totally safe. Getting there doesn't seem to be. A year ago a jeep was nearly rolled. Six months ago we almost lost a deuce.

Then again, now that we have seen from other ralleys that you can put a deuce on it's side and walk away, maybe we'll go again....................NOT

:deadhorse: