• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall Camp Dirtbag

100dollarman

A rather well hidden arachnid?
Yes-- didnt get a very good pic. Small (about 2.5") tarantula. We saw one at camp last year too. It was getting water from a dripping water can on the back of Will's trk.

We also saw a large tortoise out here the other day--- pic---

and a baby one yesterday---no pic---

and a sidewinder rattler last weekend---pic---

Attachments

armytruck63

Comms?

Just a quick question...is there any official type of radio communications that has been selected? It seems the choices are military PRC 77, 25 or RT 524 etc., CB, or FM handi-talkies. Is there cell phone coverage in the area? This might be helpful to anyone arriving late, especially if the group is out on a trail ride, cleaning up, or relaxing at Slash X.

Thanks,
Matt

BLK HMMWV

Prc-77

Jim
Try looking over on the G.503 board , or post a WTB on the communications board here on SS.

As to cell service at Dirt bag. It is sketchy at best. Depends on your service provider as well.
As to radio gear my stuff is early period correct but not wired up more for static display. Others may chime in .
BH

armytruck63

I have a PRC-25 set up in the M1009, but I can move it into the M35A2. I haven't tried transmitting on it in a few years. My grandkids liked listening to the audio of TV channels two and four, but you can't do that anymore since TV went digital.

Can also install CB or bring FM handi-talkies.

hole

Matt, not sure about cb's or military radios, but cell phones dont work in camp. However, they work perfectly less than a mile away. If people let me know their planned day and time of arrival, I'll be glad to head out to check my phone for messages if someone needs guidence

Will
909 938 9889

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My convoy is coming up LATE Thursday. We won't be able to roll north until almost 2000, so don't plan on going to sleep too early if you're up there. Got one buddy towing up his Sami, and other driving my little truck/camper and towing (his 1st tow ever) the Sami dude's camper. I'll be in the rear watching everything from my deuce pulling the M105 kids condo.

We plan on unloading everything in the morning.

If we will be deploying to the usual AOR I won't need any assistance.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone bringing any parts to sell or swap? I've got some small stuff I could bring if we are gonna do any swapping.

Anyone need any 9.00 x 20s?

msisco

DUG, I am interested in some parts swaps or purchases. I have an extra fuel injection unit, steering gear box and shaft, extra troop seats for a 5 ton, 2 multi fuel heads and a starter. Let me know if any wants me to bring this stuff. I am also looking for a 5 ton cargo cover in TAN and an M103 trailer cover in TAN, good condition 11.00 x20's. I plan on comming to Camp Dirt Bag Friday & Saturday.

hole

Speaking of trade or swap, I have 1 M105 side rack with wood rails, for a small donation(Silver Bullets or anything that goes boom) if someone wants it let me know.

Dug, if AOR means same place as last time, yes :smile:. What % is the tread on the tires?

As always,I'm glad to see new people will be joining us this fall! Post #22 by The Recorder gives a great description as well as a google map from the 15 to camp. If anyone is still unsure, post up. Since there are so many people coming out different days and times, it's usually pretty easy to find someone to convoy into camp with;-) Two weeks left!!

Barneyszoo

DUG, I am interested in some parts swaps or purchases. I have an extra fuel injection unit, steering gear box and shaft, extra troop seats for a 5 ton, 2 multi fuel heads and a starter. Let me know if any wants me to bring this stuff. I am also looking for a 5 ton cargo cover in TAN and an M103 trailer cover in TAN, good condition 11.00 x20's. I plan on comming to Camp Dirt Bag Friday & Saturday.
What do you want for the 5 ton troop seats. I also have a small girls quade (pink and white camo) if anyone is interested it nedds a chain and battery.

I will be out heading out Saturday and be there Saturday and Sunday. I'll have a cell phone and a Motorola T5710 walki talkie. I'm bringing firewood and hopefully an RC car. Along with maybe a model airplane or two. (Dad's idea) My question is, are we still meeting at the same place or are we going to that new place that was talked about?