• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fast idle

jag7720

Sorry for all the posts but I am new to the CUCV and I just got my first one.

Last night it was in the 30s and I fired the truck up. It had sat for about one day. It took a while to actually fire and when it did the fast idle was really high.

Is there a way to adjust this down?

AJMBLAZER

Mine does this sorta. Does really high mean a fast idle of 1000rpm or so or fast enough to move the truck around in gear?
Mine is just a fast idle that's just the engine warming itself up. Depending on how cold the ambient temp is and the engine is it will idle like that for anywhere from a few minutes to 10+ (only in below freezing temps though). When the engine is warm it starts right up and idles at the normal low, lopey idle.

jag7720

Yeah, I put it in gear and I MUST hold the brake.... well above 1000rpm.... maybe like 1700-2000
It only happened once... usually it is a slower "fast idle" but this one was WAY HIGH.

jag7720

that is what it felt like ... my diesel van felt the same way ... then I changed the rubber lines under the intake manifold.

Air in the lines will cause a fast idle?

jag7720

Weird.. so it will make a fast idle for over one minute? Never heard of that... air for me always caused a surge at start and then die.

jag7720

I don't think it is air in the lines...

I pushed the pedal slightly down once and I started it this morning and the high idle kicked in (really high).

I then turned the truck off and started again without touching the pedal.... the high idle did not kick in...

I then slightly pressed the pedal... high idle.

So if I don't press the pedal down I don't get the high idle.

I'm guessing that this is not air in the line... And I found the adjustment in
3-71 - 3-72 or pages 205-206 in the pdf tm9-2320-289-20.pdf