• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

faulty flasher?!

Switch3287

Sooo i have followed the TM flow chart all the way to the end and i still cant get my turn signals to flash.... they illuminate but dont flash... i have a new MME flasher installed but still no dice... anybody ever have a fulty flasher out of the box?!

current issue turn signal or hazards stay on solid when toggled (no flashing) also on the dash they show a solid arrow.

Ronmar

And what happens if you try a turn signal or hazard flash application with the flasher unplugged? I would guess nothing will happen, and yes, I would say the flasher is bad…

The standard mil flashers don’t seem to be all that robust. I replaced mine with a commercially available 3 wire solid state unit made by Grote #44010, about $37…

Switch3287

Are you certain you have a 12v flasher and not a 24v?
i believe it is the 24v flasher. im sorta learning as i go here mine was totally robbed before i got the truck... i know there 12v and 24v power in the truck i just assumed it was 24v for the flasher =( does it need to be a 12v flasher? if so im gonna gut the new flasher housing and put a napa 12v unit it the carcus!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i believe it is the 24v flasher. im sorta learning as i go here mine was totally robbed before i got the truck... i know there 12v and 24v power in the truck i just assumed it was 24v for the flasher =( does it need to be a 12v flasher? if so im gonna gut the new flasher housing and put a napa 12v unit it the carcus!
Yes all lights on the FMTV are 12v

Switch3287

Are you certain you have a 12v flasher and not a 24v?

sorry to get back to the thread late... but every time i need a part it takes a week to get up here in alaska... it was a 24v flasher. im gonna try to see if i can gut the military one and fit my aftermarket 12 volt unit in... pics attached..

thank you wheelspinner!

Attachments