• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

faulty flasher?!

Switch3287

Sooo i have followed the TM flow chart all the way to the end and i still cant get my turn signals to flash.... they illuminate but dont flash... i have a new MME flasher installed but still no dice... anybody ever have a fulty flasher out of the box?!

current issue turn signal or hazards stay on solid when toggled (no flashing) also on the dash they show a solid arrow.

Ronmar

And what happens if you try a turn signal or hazard flash application with the flasher unplugged? I would guess nothing will happen, and yes, I would say the flasher is bad…

The standard mil flashers don’t seem to be all that robust. I replaced mine with a commercially available 3 wire solid state unit made by Grote #44010, about $37…

Switch3287

Are you certain you have a 12v flasher and not a 24v?
i believe it is the 24v flasher. im sorta learning as i go here mine was totally robbed before i got the truck... i know there 12v and 24v power in the truck i just assumed it was 24v for the flasher =( does it need to be a 12v flasher? if so im gonna gut the new flasher housing and put a napa 12v unit it the carcus!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i believe it is the 24v flasher. im sorta learning as i go here mine was totally robbed before i got the truck... i know there 12v and 24v power in the truck i just assumed it was 24v for the flasher =( does it need to be a 12v flasher? if so im gonna gut the new flasher housing and put a napa 12v unit it the carcus!
Yes all lights on the FMTV are 12v

Switch3287

Are you certain you have a 12v flasher and not a 24v?

sorry to get back to the thread late... but every time i need a part it takes a week to get up here in alaska... it was a 24v flasher. im gonna try to see if i can gut the military one and fit my aftermarket 12 volt unit in... pics attached..

thank you wheelspinner!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks