• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

filtering UMO oil ( HOW )????

reom35a2fluiter

Dear guest,
Since a year I bought a deuce and a half with a LDT-465-1C whistler multifuel.
In the last year are the fuel prices rose sharply here in the Netherlands,
€ 1,75 petrol ( gas ) € 1,48 diesel is no longer funny to drive with my truck.
I have the last week a lot of information sought about the mixing of oil and other fuels on steelsoldiers.

I have the following other members heard (read) about the mixing of:
WMO, UMO, WVO, gas, diesel, kerosine etc…..

· mix for a 100 gal batch is 30 gals of WVO, 30 gals WMO, 30 gallons straight diesel and 10 gals of regular gas.
· last tankful of Waste Motor Oil & Diesel was about 90% filtered WMO mixed with 10% diesel.
· running a 50/50 mix of WMO and diesel.
· Everybody has an a opinion on mixture, have ran 50/50 WMO/gas and had very good luck.
· 50/50 umo and deisel. truck loves it.
· run 80/20 synthetic (80 is oil).... Get a bypass filter assy from napa and pump it through at a low PSI.
· run an approximate 60/40 WMO-Diesel mix
· tanks are almost always full of 100% used oils.
· When diesel went out of sight I ran 50/50 gas and used motor oil.
· I would run 50/50 diesel and UMO or tranny fluid.
· All last winter ran mixed fuel, approx 50/50 diesel and UMO
Myself I have at my disposal oil (UMO), petrol and diesel mixed with gasoline. These fuels can get at a car garage. Could you also drive possibly on the old petrol and diesel???
What percentage will I need to save to it???
And to the mix???
I would be carefull to minimize damage to my injection pump.

The oil I get is used motor oil. This should of course be mixed well.
The information on steelsoldiers I have many filters pass. How many filters do I need to filter at and which microns???
I have the following filters to see it coming on SS: 100,50,20,10,5 and 1 micron.
What filters can I use???
And what about water in the oil??

Will you please post pictures how do you filter oil???
Thanks for your help.
Regards,

stefan

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Start out with the 50-50 mix. I use a simple air operated barrel pump to push it through a 10micron filter. Some guys use a centrifuge and others use the filter bags and gravity.

reom35a2fluiter

ok I will start with the 50/50 mix. I want an electric pump for this use. I don’t know if it is necessary to put between 3 filters of 20,10 and 1 micron??

reom35a2fluiter

ok I will start with the 50/50 mix. I want an electric pump for this use. I don’t know if it is necessary to put between 3 filters of 20,10 and 1 micron??

'48Chevy6

My successful use has been 80 used motor oil and 20 parts gasoline. Old stale gas is fine, stinky stale gas is not as good.

Blend uMO and gas really well. Let set there to five days. Drain any water and sludge off of bottom. Filter through one micron filter. If you can locate 2 micron spin on filter for catepillar, that is the best.

I filter through 22 micron and fifteen micron before I filter through two micron. You can filter only through two micron, but the filters clog very quickly.

bshupe

My successful use has been 80 used motor oil and 20 parts gasoline. Old stale gas is fine, stinky stale gas is not as good.

Blend uMO and gas really well. Let set there to five days. Drain any water and sludge off of bottom. Filter through one micron filter. If you can locate 2 micron spin on filter for catepillar, that is the best.

I filter through 22 micron and fifteen micron before I filter through two micron. You can filter only through two micron, but the filters clog very quickly.

Gasoline?

'48Chevy6

makes it thinner so the injectors / fuel pump / fuel filters like it better ... at least thats what im told
Gasoline also seems to have the effect of helping junk and suspended contaminates fall out of suspension. After they fall out, the filtering process goes much smoother and the filters last much longer.

scoutmanadam

I have some magnets on the strainer to were the dirty oil gets poured into my waste barrel so that the oil runs over them before going into it. I also have some in my first filter sock. probably overkill and unnecessary but in my mind its only "free" fuel if it doesn't cost a bunch in filters or repairs down the road.

reom35a2fluiter

oke thanks for the info, I will try first with the 50/50 mix.
and I will eventually look what percentage I think it is the best one.
The filters are still in the reo standard 10 micron right??

reom35a2fluiter

I have some magnets on the strainer to were the dirty oil gets poured into my waste barrel so that the oil runs over them before going into it. I also have some in my first filter sock. probably overkill and unnecessary but in my mind its only "free" fuel if it doesn't cost a bunch in filters or repairs down the road.
which is always a disadvantage that there always some iron in used oil can sit on the engines.
it is a good idea to use magnets during filtering. of course you want this stuff does not get in the tank.rofl

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Make sure you put a bypass valve in the flow path. If the filters get clogged and you have no bypass, you could crush the filters, putting un-filtered fuel in the filtered fuel, or worse, bursting a housing.

I don't think it is necessary to filter in three stages, but I do think it is wise(a good idea).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks