• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally a bobbed A3...

1qwkgoat

Should be neat. With some sort power assist to the sterring it should be much easier to drive. To me however half the fun of driving the deuce is "driving" it. I love my manual trans.

Make sure to post pics along the way

wehring

yup...

I am very excited about this opportunity. I am sure it will add fuel to the fire to put IH DT-466 / Allison MT654CR kits in my other bobbers...

Not enough time in the day or money in the bank.

Justin

pooka

Cool !!bobbed A3

I plan on bobbing my A3 in the spring,so I will be following your progress, Good Luck, and post lots of pics, Mark

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to see any truck cut up, but I think the A3 will make a good victim. Another guy I know in CA is doing the same thing, although he has not yet started. I will be interested to watch what the A3 bobbers bring once they are done. I was shocked that people paid more than nice deuce prices for a bobber when bobbers first came into vogue. It was not the first time I was wrong and it won't be the last. Good luck with your project. I will be interested to watch your progress.

It is your truck. You paid for it and you should be able to do as you wish. I support your right even if I disagree. The only thing I will point out is, one day, there will be many guys who are looking for uncut trucks. Maybe, I will be wrong on this and there won't be enough bobbers to go around!

Alredneck

Banned
Well it wont be this weekend, I called DOC at GL and he said I wouldnt be able to pick it up till the end of the last Weds. of the month. I wont be able to get it by tomorrow morning its at FT. Rucker but if anybody is near there that can get it off post we could help Justin on his project alot quicker. The GL guy is taking some time off or there is a guy that cant make it to work so it either tomorrow or the end of the month. Im looking forward to this build as well. M35A3s have the wierd but kinda like it appeal! Good luck Justin will keep ya posted.

zout

With all the rain here in Ga lately my money tree is blooming severely - all it takes is money - want a cutting from my tree !

Johnny Cash had a song I remember well - 1 piece at a time.
I need to look to see if there are any job openings at military truck build facitlies and get a larger lunch pale.

Great idea and great components to make the build. If there is anything I can help on the IH end pm me as I deal with them on a national account.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Bruce - Let them do all the bobbing , mudding , log trucking , etc etc they want. Then when you have a nice stock nice MV it will be worth more:-D

Post some pics of the bobbed A3 , I cant wait to see it. - Jay

Snarky

I hate to see any truck cut up, but I think the A3 will make a good victim.!
If you're going to go to all that trouble, please lift the cab so you can straighten the hood out !
Everyone wants to see an A3 cut up... They thought the deuce wasn't ugly enough so they cut up 3 A2's to make 2 A3's and increased the ugly factor by a factor of 10! Maybe you can straighten out the headlights while you're working on that hood...

wehring

ouch...

Ouch! I was joking with the Captain about short sheeting you guys with the title then having "to be continued" in the body of the post. Guess this is the result. :twisted:

Unfortunately the truck is not my own. It belongs to a friend. I will respect his privacy 'till he decides to chime in on this thread.

Lots of good things in store for this build. I am going to do away with the brain of the CTIS and upgrade to independant axle supply with manual controls in the cab. If he cares to hook up to a heavy load he can add air only to the rear axle to compensate for the increased weight. The front can remain at a lower psi for a better ride.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not mean my post as bash on the A3. I LIKE the A3s better than the A2s. I know...<gasp in horror>. I was only saying that it'll cut just like any truck will...suitable for bobbing if that is your thing. It is not mine, but that's why Baskin Robbins has so many flavors...to suit all of our tastes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks