• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally bought a 5-Ton!

Gunner0311

I finally moved up from dueces and bought a 5-ton(M52A2) with 23k miles on the odometer. My son and I pulled the 5th wheel and are in the process of mounting a cargo box(shortened) onto it.

P1010464.jpg

P1010466.jpg

P1010467.jpg

:beer:

SPCWarning

M52

That's a clean looking rig! When I was in the MSARNG in the early 80's we had M52's and M818's. I drove both and enjoyed both......I WILL graduate to a 5ton asap (from CUCV status, that is. My wife wants the 1009 so it kinda opened a door a little wider for me to purchase another MV for myself :D). The bed is going to be perfect on your truck! Congrats!

augiedoggy

Looks good! We're missing one more pic of the bed sitting on the truck. I like the idea of leaving the toolbox and spare in place. Hoping to do mine that way. So I'll just be waitng for that pic here................

svan

Gunner - please take detailed notes on what goes right/wrong as I have recently acquired a 5-ton (M818, 9,000 miles) out of Nellis - as soon as the EUC clears I can start my conversion --- as a near 'first timer' I am sure I will have many many questions and I am not embarrased about asking anything/everybody. The Mrs. kept nagging me about getting a hobby and I have fallen off of the deep end and purchased the M818 before I was able to get my M109A4 home (yesterday).

Gunner0311

We are leaving a short gap between the cargo bed and the toolbox/spare tire deck, just enough to walk across; about 12 inches. We saved the bed from a terrible fate,
as it was long ago converted to a wood-hauling trailer and had been sitting in a nearby woods for at least fifteen years. There was a five inch diameter tree growing up through the trailer "A" frame. The cargo box is marked TP 70, so I believe it is
from a M35.

The M52A2 also has the TP 70 stensil. What does TP 70 indicate??

The truck drives great, do I ever love the power steering!

The contractor I purchased the truck from told me he bought it from Fort Campbell
Kentucky, and the truck body is in fantastic shape with NO rust at all...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We are leaving a short gap between the cargo bed and the toolbox/spare tire deck, just enough to walk across; about 12 inches. We saved the bed from a terrible fate,
as it was long ago converted to a wood-hauling trailer and had been sitting in a nearby woods for at least fifteen years. There was a five inch diameter tree growing up through the trailer "A" frame. The cargo box is marked TP 70, so I believe it is
from a M35.

The M52A2 also has the TP 70 stensil. What does TP 70 indicate??

The truck drives great, do I ever love the power steering!

The contractor I purchased the truck from told me he bought it from Fort Campbell
Kentucky, and the truck body is in fantastic shape with NO rust at all...
TP=tire pressure, might help to read the -10 in the 211 TM series (m54 truck series)

You can find the TMs here
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
ARMY 6X6: SERVICE MANUALS
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,