• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally bought a 5-Ton!

Gunner0311

I finally moved up from dueces and bought a 5-ton(M52A2) with 23k miles on the odometer. My son and I pulled the 5th wheel and are in the process of mounting a cargo box(shortened) onto it.

P1010464.jpg

P1010466.jpg

P1010467.jpg

:beer:

SPCWarning

M52

That's a clean looking rig! When I was in the MSARNG in the early 80's we had M52's and M818's. I drove both and enjoyed both......I WILL graduate to a 5ton asap (from CUCV status, that is. My wife wants the 1009 so it kinda opened a door a little wider for me to purchase another MV for myself :D). The bed is going to be perfect on your truck! Congrats!

augiedoggy

Looks good! We're missing one more pic of the bed sitting on the truck. I like the idea of leaving the toolbox and spare in place. Hoping to do mine that way. So I'll just be waitng for that pic here................

svan

Gunner - please take detailed notes on what goes right/wrong as I have recently acquired a 5-ton (M818, 9,000 miles) out of Nellis - as soon as the EUC clears I can start my conversion --- as a near 'first timer' I am sure I will have many many questions and I am not embarrased about asking anything/everybody. The Mrs. kept nagging me about getting a hobby and I have fallen off of the deep end and purchased the M818 before I was able to get my M109A4 home (yesterday).

Gunner0311

We are leaving a short gap between the cargo bed and the toolbox/spare tire deck, just enough to walk across; about 12 inches. We saved the bed from a terrible fate,
as it was long ago converted to a wood-hauling trailer and had been sitting in a nearby woods for at least fifteen years. There was a five inch diameter tree growing up through the trailer "A" frame. The cargo box is marked TP 70, so I believe it is
from a M35.

The M52A2 also has the TP 70 stensil. What does TP 70 indicate??

The truck drives great, do I ever love the power steering!

The contractor I purchased the truck from told me he bought it from Fort Campbell
Kentucky, and the truck body is in fantastic shape with NO rust at all...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We are leaving a short gap between the cargo bed and the toolbox/spare tire deck, just enough to walk across; about 12 inches. We saved the bed from a terrible fate,
as it was long ago converted to a wood-hauling trailer and had been sitting in a nearby woods for at least fifteen years. There was a five inch diameter tree growing up through the trailer "A" frame. The cargo box is marked TP 70, so I believe it is
from a M35.

The M52A2 also has the TP 70 stensil. What does TP 70 indicate??

The truck drives great, do I ever love the power steering!

The contractor I purchased the truck from told me he bought it from Fort Campbell
Kentucky, and the truck body is in fantastic shape with NO rust at all...
TP=tire pressure, might help to read the -10 in the 211 TM series (m54 truck series)

You can find the TMs here
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
ARMY 6X6: SERVICE MANUALS
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks