• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got me a deuce!

ToddJK

Thanks HDN, after posting this I went on the hunt to find the culprit. Damn wasp had plugged the breather line
Wasps, mice, and birds just seem to love the military trucks for some reason. Mine has a robin's nest in the spare tire carrier, and a few wasp nests towards the back under the truck on the inside of the frame. Not only do we need a spare tools, belts, spare tire, oil, and coolant, now we need to add raid to the mix 🤣

ToddJK

Now if only the headlights would turn on..

Seems like it's always something, I got to drive it home last night with my cousin holding his phone out the window as a flashlight.
I would recommend adding some led lights on the bumper. At least if you lost the headlights, you can use those. I added some amber flood lights on my bumper and those work better than the actual head lights. I just angled them down a little and towards the center so it doesn't blind on coming traffic, been using those a lot for over a year and so far no issues.

Balalala

Headlights decided to turn back on yesterday.. will definitely add some leds for backup.

I managed to fit just over 30 people in my deuce, we had a family reunion. I took people out berry picking, we went looking for bears and toured the countryside.

I climbed up a very steep bank, had to engage to front diff but the ol' tank went where ever I asked it.

The 2nd trip out, I could feel the weight of the 30+ people. The added weight actually made the truck sooo much smoother. Much smoother than my half ton pickup.. on the terrain we were driving on.

The deuce tickled my pink! Had a blast with it this weekend.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow!

Those boot shields are nice and beefy.
Much nicer than the sheetmetal that comes from the factory...

You may want to carefully inspect those front tires.
The sidewalls look pretty cracked in that bottom picture.
If you happen to be running tubes and flaps, you might be "kinda" okay but I'm not sure that you want to be on the highway at road speeds and lose a front tire.

Balalala

Wow!

If you happen to be running tubes and flaps, you might be "kinda" okay but I'm not sure that you want to be on the highway at road speeds and lose a front tire.

Yea I am aware of the cracks. I have 2 newer rubbers I will get put on the front here one day. All the old timers around here tell me it's not a big deal... but I don't like the cracks either!

ToddJK

Wow!

I noticed that one tire had the cracks too. Both of my front tires, look like that and have been since last year. Wasn't until coming back from the Haspin Rally I noticed one had two big gashes in the sidewall that make me nervous so when I get time, I have two decent Goodyear's to swap them out with.

I use this tire conditioner and it seems to be some good stuff, makes the tires look new while providing some protection from the UV rays. Be good to use on the good tires to help them last longer.

Tire Dressing, Tire Protectant, No Tire Shine, No Dirt Attracting Residue 32oz Natural Satin/Matte Finish, Aircraft Grade Rubber Tire Care Conditioner, Better Than Automotive Products https://a.co/d/fHeIJd0

Balalala

I noticed that one tire had the cracks too. Both of my front tires, look like that and have been since last year. Wasn't until coming back from the Haspin Rally I noticed one had two big gashes in the sidewall that make me nervous so when I get time, I have two decent Goodyear's to swap them out with.

I use this tire conditioner and it seems to be some good stuff, makes the tires look new while providing some protection from the UV rays. Be good to use on the good tires to help them last longer.

Tire Dressing, Tire Protectant, No Tire Shine, No Dirt Attracting Residue 32oz Natural Satin/Matte Finish, Aircraft Grade Rubber Tire Care Conditioner, Better Than Automotive Products https://a.co/d/fHeIJd0
I did use some tire protector although it was too late for some of them. I never understood why people used that stuff, until I owned a deuce.

I usually go through rubber so fast it's always been a non issue. I thought tire cleaners were for looks... now I know

ToddJK

I did use some tire protector although it was too late for some of them. I never understood why people used that stuff, until I owned a deuce.

I usually go through rubber so fast it's always been a non issue. I thought tire cleaners were for looks... now I know
Haha, same here. However,most of us don't put the kind of mileage on a deuce like we would a normal vehicle, but letting the tires sit and not get worked seems to be one of the bigger contributions other than being in constant sunlight that leads to premature dry rot and cracking, other times it's just the age. All my tires are dated between 2010-2011 except for my Goodyear's which are 2014-2015, still old though but unfortunately with tires like that, you get what you pay for, lol.

Balalala

Shop bill was just shy of $2000.. had the frontend disassembled, ungreased and regreased with fresh boots and guards.

Before I got the bill, I talked with the Mechanic. He said, never again, had to take everything apart, and sooo much grease.

HDN

Shop bill was just shy of $2000.. had the frontend disassembled, ungreased and regreased with fresh boots and guards.

Before I got the bill, I talked with the Mechanic. He said, never again, had to take everything apart, and sooo much grease.
And that's why I like zipper boots! The TM even specifies zipper boots, I think.

Balalala

And that's why I like zipper boots! The TM even specifies zipper boots, I think.
The mechanic did say, that these HD boots were much thicker than the stock boots that were on it. Buy once, cry once, was my plan for the boots.

I knew it was going to be an ugly job and I didn't want any part of it.

Balalala

All in I'm sitting at about 30k canadian, including delivery. I've seen side by sides for sale for about the same. Would sure be nice to find some work for this beast though

I did get contacted from a producer in Vancouver, he wanted to use it to shoot a music video or something lol

HDN

All in I'm sitting at about 30k canadian, including delivery. I've seen side by sides for sale for about the same. Would sure be nice to find some work for this beast though

I did get contacted from a producer in Vancouver, he wanted to use it to shoot a music video or something lol
Your truck could be a star!

Sorry, not you, just the truck :D

ToddJK

Now that would be cool!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks