• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my 11:00 20Rs mounted!

11.00R20's on a 9.00-20 Truck very cool !

Tho how did you find the T-831 for $150 ea ? . . . . . Maybe i don't wanna know :wink: !
I been getting quoted $490-$510 new and $250-$350 used on both T831's and G177's . . .

Mike

Alex400

11.00R20's on a 9.00-20 Truck very cool !

Tho how did you find the T-831 for $150 ea ? . . . . . Maybe i don't wanna know :wink: !
I been getting quoted $490-$510 new and $250-$350 used on both T831's and G177's . . .

Mike
He got the tires through 100dollarman.

going with 11.00-20 is probably the easiest tire swap on the deuce, I think. ODNORTH has the, on his deuce and looks like they were meant to be there. and you can run them with stock rims in a dually configuration.

OD_Coyote

I took her out on I-90 today heading Westbound for a quick run between exit 32 and exit 31. She ran at 63.2 per the GPS before I came to my exit. I have a slight front end wobble above 58 MPH, so I need to determine the cause. I had a full tank of fuel and (10) 9.00 X 20s in the back. I needed the 9.00 x 20s in the back for traction, since she gets sideways if I come out of the hole too fast.:razz::razz: The steering effort appears to be somewhat easier than with the 9.00 X 20s and she rides like a Cadillac.:-D:-D I also like being able to run @ 55 MPH without being up against the redline.
Overall aside from the fact it takes a little longer to get up to speed, which I expected, I am very satisfied with the upgrade.
I will try to post a top speed at a later date.

I have been kicking around that Idea on my M275, i kept getting told do the 16.00's or the 14.00's .

I will not run single wheels on a bedless truck such as a tractor, I don't care for the look.
I was originally looking into 10.00's but i found many of the 2.5er's using dueled 11.00's.

I have seen i truck with dueled 12.00R20's but it lloked like a very tight fit between the duel's. . .

Mike

OD_Coyote

I think 11:00s are about as large as you can go if you still want to run with duals.
I thought about going to singles with the 11:00s, but I like the stability and looks of a deuce running duals. There was a gent that posted on this site a year or two back and he ran dual 11:00s on the rear with some OD iron wheels and 14.5 R20s or 395 R20s on the front and it looked like a sweet setup IMHO.

Last edited:

OD_Coyote

You the man goldeneagle!!:-D:-D:-D... Acme a name you can trust!
Back in the 70s I used to buy all my parts from Acme Auto parts, no joke.
I try to buy American and Acme, but its getting harder these days.
:roll::roll:

OD_Coyote

do you think you would be able to run chains at least on one of the rear drive axles?
Sorry, I have never seen the chains for the 11.00 20 tires, so I do not know.
The space between the tires on the rear and center axles is pretty roomy.
IMHO - I would be more concerned with the space between the sidewalls and clearence between the inner tires and the trunnion cap.
I would be happy to take measurements if you are interested.

Last edited:

Alex400

Sorry, I have never seen the chains for the 11.00 20 tires, so I do not know.
The space between the tires on the rear and center axles is pretty roomy.
IMHO - I would be more concerned with the space between the sidewalls and clearence between the inner tires and the trunnion cap.
I would be happy to take measurements if you are interested.
I was just curious because if i get one before i am out of college there is going a time that i would probably cross the pass during the mandatory "chains on vehicle" time and was wondering if there would be enough room.

I found a couple chain sets for 11.00-20.

OpenDNS

RUD Tire Chains - Search Results - 11.00-20

That is an interesting point though about the trunnion cap.

Technically by law you don't need to have an inner set of chains on duals either, according to WADOT. on a three axle truck, only one axle's outside duals would need chains. Granted that is in the minimum and i would probably want both axles to have chains but still, good to know.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks