• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my 11:00 20Rs mounted!

11.00R20's on a 9.00-20 Truck very cool !

Tho how did you find the T-831 for $150 ea ? . . . . . Maybe i don't wanna know :wink: !
I been getting quoted $490-$510 new and $250-$350 used on both T831's and G177's . . .

Mike

Alex400

11.00R20's on a 9.00-20 Truck very cool !

Tho how did you find the T-831 for $150 ea ? . . . . . Maybe i don't wanna know :wink: !
I been getting quoted $490-$510 new and $250-$350 used on both T831's and G177's . . .

Mike
He got the tires through 100dollarman.

going with 11.00-20 is probably the easiest tire swap on the deuce, I think. ODNORTH has the, on his deuce and looks like they were meant to be there. and you can run them with stock rims in a dually configuration.

OD_Coyote

I took her out on I-90 today heading Westbound for a quick run between exit 32 and exit 31. She ran at 63.2 per the GPS before I came to my exit. I have a slight front end wobble above 58 MPH, so I need to determine the cause. I had a full tank of fuel and (10) 9.00 X 20s in the back. I needed the 9.00 x 20s in the back for traction, since she gets sideways if I come out of the hole too fast.:razz::razz: The steering effort appears to be somewhat easier than with the 9.00 X 20s and she rides like a Cadillac.:-D:-D I also like being able to run @ 55 MPH without being up against the redline.
Overall aside from the fact it takes a little longer to get up to speed, which I expected, I am very satisfied with the upgrade.
I will try to post a top speed at a later date.

I have been kicking around that Idea on my M275, i kept getting told do the 16.00's or the 14.00's .

I will not run single wheels on a bedless truck such as a tractor, I don't care for the look.
I was originally looking into 10.00's but i found many of the 2.5er's using dueled 11.00's.

I have seen i truck with dueled 12.00R20's but it lloked like a very tight fit between the duel's. . .

Mike

OD_Coyote

I think 11:00s are about as large as you can go if you still want to run with duals.
I thought about going to singles with the 11:00s, but I like the stability and looks of a deuce running duals. There was a gent that posted on this site a year or two back and he ran dual 11:00s on the rear with some OD iron wheels and 14.5 R20s or 395 R20s on the front and it looked like a sweet setup IMHO.

Last edited:

OD_Coyote

You the man goldeneagle!!:-D:-D:-D... Acme a name you can trust!
Back in the 70s I used to buy all my parts from Acme Auto parts, no joke.
I try to buy American and Acme, but its getting harder these days.
:roll::roll:

OD_Coyote

do you think you would be able to run chains at least on one of the rear drive axles?
Sorry, I have never seen the chains for the 11.00 20 tires, so I do not know.
The space between the tires on the rear and center axles is pretty roomy.
IMHO - I would be more concerned with the space between the sidewalls and clearence between the inner tires and the trunnion cap.
I would be happy to take measurements if you are interested.

Last edited:

Alex400

Sorry, I have never seen the chains for the 11.00 20 tires, so I do not know.
The space between the tires on the rear and center axles is pretty roomy.
IMHO - I would be more concerned with the space between the sidewalls and clearence between the inner tires and the trunnion cap.
I would be happy to take measurements if you are interested.
I was just curious because if i get one before i am out of college there is going a time that i would probably cross the pass during the mandatory "chains on vehicle" time and was wondering if there would be enough room.

I found a couple chain sets for 11.00-20.

OpenDNS

RUD Tire Chains - Search Results - 11.00-20

That is an interesting point though about the trunnion cap.

Technically by law you don't need to have an inner set of chains on duals either, according to WADOT. on a three axle truck, only one axle's outside duals would need chains. Granted that is in the minimum and i would probably want both axles to have chains but still, good to know.

Last edited: