• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the winch on

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Beautiful work Neil!

Your truck looks great.

RavageRitual

Hey, thanks for the pictures! It looks great! I'm about to do the same job, but I have a question. Did you drain the Transmission before you bolted the PTO up. I'm assuming so, but I figured I would ask instead of missing something easy. Also does anyone know the TM for the winch addition?

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
The PTO went on when the tranny was out for a clutch change. It`s much easier that way. Had to use bolts & studs to install the PTO. Yes oil was changed at that time. I haven`t seen a TM on the winch yet. I need to get hold of one.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job Neil that is a rather fun project isnt it, I did mine about a year or so ago and we just keep learning things with this hobby! Winch looks great!
KK

Dave08

Winch Parts

Neil,
Great job! where did you get your PTO unit from? Did you keep an inclusive list of all parts needed to perform the winch install that you could share with us members wanting to do the same thing.
I have an M109 that does not have a PTO and I want to add the winch as well.

Thanks, again great job and great pictures.
Dave08

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks sharp Neil. Now you just have to take the 'ol deuce somewheres you can use the winch...........

jluv1185

You found one finally ?
Ah I see you are paying attention my hobbit friend. Yes I too now have a winch, but unlike those of us that buy a winch and keep it under a tree for over a year. Then get their deuce stuck for over 100 days, with the winch still under the tree...I plan on installing it before I need it! muahahaha!!! :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks