• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally joined the MEP-803A club...

robson1015

DSCF2315.jpgDSCF2316.jpgDSCF2319.jpgDSCF2321.jpgDSCF2322.jpg

Jenny is in her final resting place...Interlock switch on the way and cord. Not going with hard wire so I can take it to my shop if needed. More later...

Last edited:

csheath

Nicely done!

Might as well hardware cloth over the wire boot since you didn't pass your wires through it.

coxju04

You did a really nice job. I'm going to steal your mouse proofing idea, when I get back to the states. Here is a picture of my new toys waiting for me IMG_1587.JPG715418_6465_159_0001[1] (2).jpg

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK so my military supplier reached out and BW is playing games. The obviously have no open orders with the government for this part, so its all custom tooled to make new ones. Min quantity is 2 (not a big deal), but they are looking at even more money than you have been quoted already robson1015. My contact didn't give me the actual price quote, but all he could do was laugh.

robson1015

OK so my military supplier reached out and BW is playing games. The obviously have no open orders with the government for this part, so its all custom tooled to make new ones. Min quantity is 2 (not a big deal), but they are looking at even more money than you have been quoted already robson1015. My contact didn't give me the actual price quote, but all he could do was laugh.
Something will turn up...

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
What are you talking about?:shrugs: What is BW?

robson1015

I was looking at a dryer heating element to supplement my electric stove load bank. It's 5400 watts and has two blade connectors on it. How would one connect this to the output lugs ? L1 and L3 from each blade and ground wire from element housing to ground lug.?86562.jpg

Last edited:

Zed254

I think I read somewhere on SS that you could wire the broil and bake burners together on a stove such that they burned at the same time to consume more amps. Has anyone done this? What kind of hazards does this present - overloading control circuits?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll need to check the wire sizes to make sure you won't overload anything. If its a self cleaning oven its likely that it runs both elements already when running the cleaning cycle. Many also run both elements when preheating.

robson1015

DieselAddict - could I wire the dryer element to the stove wiring and mount the element on the oven door ?? Oven door would be open with fan blowing on the element.

What do you think?? What size wire would I need to use for the dryer element ?? Thanx for the help.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5400w @ 240v is ~23 amps. That will require a 10 gauge wire between the generator and heater. The dryer elements will need a decent airflow across them to prevent them from overheating and burning in two. You won't be able to stick them in the oven and use them in that way. You'll need to build a shroud around them and have a fan force air across them to keep them cool.

Running a rough flow calculation for 5.4kw heating coils you'll need about 250 cfm of airflow across them at an absolute minimum. That will give you about a 70 degree F rise in temp. I would recommend more in the range of 400 cfm if airflow which would drop you down to about 40 degree F rise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks