• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally restoring the M37

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
99% of body panels on/done. Seats redone. Who would have thought an electric knife to cut seat foam-worked great. Biggest thing left is to drop in the engine/transmission and install wiring harness.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 4" foam for the passenger seat bottom is from JoAnn's. Everything else was new life canvas out of MN.

GUNNY 155

Ahh memories. I still remember that good feeling when mine was almost done. Then when it is just about done and your almost to that first time drive out you start wondering what is going to leak or not work right. Fortunately mine experienced very few teething troubles. A couple minor leaks and some steering adjustments. Great work on yours.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I haven't updated this in awhile. Last week I took a M37 and some parts to Midwest Military and got new troop seat and bow wood and two boxes of the last missing parts. Ordered a harness from Vintage wiring of Maine with Packards and turn signals added. Here's a few pictures.0000 (2).jpg1111 (2).jpg2222 (2).jpg3333 (2).jpg4444 (2).jpg5555 (2).jpg6666 (2).jpg7777 (2).jpg8888 (2).jpg9999 (2).jpg

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gas can, tail gate chains, and new wipers installed. Headlights ready to assemble and motor ready to drop in (as soon as I readjust the distributor).
37aaa (2).jpg37bbb (2).jpg37ccc (2).jpg37ddd (2).jpg37eee (2).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks